Yet another blog entry on banjo ukes

Another great read John...while sitting here playing old punk rock on my Model 20
Now for the Outfit 30 to hang alongside them. ;)

:D Dave, you won't rest until you have the full set, will you? :)

Honestly, if $ were no object, my house would look like a 3D catalog.

More pictures

Fantastic blog from the:bowdown:dark/dork side of uke-dom. Thanks again, John.
More fireplace pictures:drool: please...

Hehe- he said "dork-side"...love that.
No John, I need them at least one Resonator, and that special Stromberg has not presented itself. Then I will stop...I hope.

OK, Dave - then perhaps this puppy is for you: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200637832727&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT . It's my personal holy grail, but I couldn't offer what its worth (which I think is $4,500-5,000) without taking out a home loan...

Oh - and my blathering from the dork side knows no bounds (thanks, Cletus :D). Another post, this one on the "Rose": http://theukaholic.blogspot.com/2011/08/rose.html

If I could find more fireplace pictures, I would be posting them left and right. :) I found that one on Ebay of all places.

Last edited:
OK- I pm'd you my fireplace picture - it is AWESOME :)
Yeah- A Ludwig. I think that is everyone's Holy Grail of Banjo Uke, and I can here the pleasant sound it will make when my wife throws it and all the rest of my stuff into the driveway if I buy it.
Really- I did PM you a thread about an unknown BU- Banjo was not in the title so I was afraid you would miss it.

Thanks, Ben, and thanks, Cletus.

I see a whole new category here, "Tales From the Dork Side".

Cue thunder and dark laughter (Bwahaahaaha!) and maniacal George Formby strumming....

(Damn frightening, isn't it?)

CIMG2719.jpgCIMG2724.jpgIt's nice to see some info on Stromberg Voisinet banjo ukes. I have one I bought at a flea mkt up in Maine.
When I bought it the head had " USS CASE " written on it. After doing some research I found out the ship was in Pearl Harbor during the December attack. It was sunk a year later. My uke was probably there during the attack.
It has an 8 inch pot , Diamond on the headstock and four fret markers, no resonator.

wow - Thanks for the photos, Pete! Beautiful open back and your story is fascinating.

How much did you pay and when did you buy it, if you don't mind my asking? I try to keep track of value over time, having a good case of OCD as I do.

$60 was a good price then - I see these going for $90-$120 now with the market depressed, although they're all the blond model. This one seems like a better model, in much better shape, so I think you got a steal here!

Top Bottom