FS: Koalana mahogany Concert by Koaloha on ebay

Damn, I missed it!!!

Aloha all,
Miss one by the same seller in late June, contacted the seller who said he had 2 more. Made arrangements for him to save one for me to be picked up in person when I went to Honolulu 2 weeks later. We met and I chose from the 2 he had and purchased it. Now he sold the last one on ebay. Glad he was willing to deal with me on it. I read that it's hard to come by, but why? The uke is built well, looks like a Koaloha, and sounded great with the GHS's? it had on. Now really sings with Aquilas.....very happy to have one. Only complaint is the stock tuners which I don't care for. Will try to buy the amber colored Koaloha tuners to replace them with when I go to Honolulu tomorrow through Tuesday. Other than that, it's a keeper. BTW; got Jan Luna of Society Of Seven and Troy Fernandez to autograph it.............................BO.............................

I think they are hard to come by because they only built them for a short period, b/c of quality issues in the Chinese(?) plant they were using. Can someone convince them to build them again please, you would think they would sell like hotcakes!

I know these are rare, but sound wise are they any better then the other overseas ukes? I mean it is cool that it looks like a KoAloha but soundwise, are there any similarities? That one on ebay was pretty sweet looking!

Aloha,
To me the voice it produced is comparable to other imports that I have, the best one being the Makai Concert with the "D" shaped sound hole, but for looks, the Koalana does look cool.
BTW; I did change out the stock tuners with the Koaloha ones courtesy of Brian at Koaloha (Mahalo Bruddah). Now it really looks like a Koaloha................One happy camper.............................BO...................

Last edited:
I have a Soprano and it is definitively a keeper.
It was cheap yes but the sound is surprisingly nice and it plays so easily.
I had to re-saddle as the action was way too low and the original saddle was way too thin. I also ditched the crap tuners for some Grover geared lite tuners.
The only real quality issue apart from these was the finish, it was uneven and rough in places. No concern to me though.
Great little uke that I plan on wearing out before I ever sell.

Interest check

I have one, actually I was the one who purchased the uke from eBay. Thinking about selling because I'm a tenor player, but wanted to try it out. Very easy to play with action roughly 3/32'' at the 12th fret. An absolutely fun instrument to play!

PM if interested. Will consider reasonable offers. These are no longer in production from what I've been told. Ships through UPS only sorry no USPS. Refer to listing to see pics.

Top Bottom