Unexpected New Uke Day coming up....

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, this was certainly unexpected.

Making Music magazine had a drawing for a new Ohana Vita Uke.... and I just got an email from them telling me I'm the winner.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They told me that they'd be mailing it to me tomorrow, unless I let them know otherwise, so I just dropped an email letting them know where I am, and they can send it to my secure mailing address, I'll get it in about 2 weeks.

Man! I can't wait - but I'm not leaving California early, just to get a ukulele! (g)

Well, if it was a National or a "K" brand, maybe...

..........-Kurt

Congratulations, Kurt! Now when you go to Ukulele Source, you'll be immune from UAS. I haven't had a chance to play one of those Vitas, but they look sweet.

Congratulations on winning the new uke. Let us know how it is when you get it.

Kurt congrats.. How exciting! I love the look and sound of those. Awesome for sure!
so happy for you!

We will miss you at uke night.. Hope to see you before September! Can't believe that September is coming! Yikes!

Congrats!!! Well done!! That'll be a nice surprise when you get home :D When you do, post pictures of this beauty!

Happy New Uke Day coming up! :D

Joey :music:

Congratulations! But you will probably still find something at the Ukulele Source you want. I am still dreaming of that KoAloha Soprano that I left behind....

You are going to be stoked on the Vita Kurt- they are a ton of fun. Mine is nearly sawdust.

Awesome, you lucky guy! pics, a sound sample and a little jig are required:)
Don

Sweet, I hope you did the "New Uke Dance"! Glad it went to a UU member!

Wow, congrats! Thats an even better deal than the $80 one I missed in the Marketplace a few months ago.

I've been remiss- never posted any samples of the Vita after receiving it, BUT....

Here's a ink that Fitncrafty posted, when I went to her house to jam the night before Irene came to visit. (That was Irene, the big blow-hard, August 28, 2011).

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?52744-Little-Jam-with-Kurt...

I'm playing my new Sceptre, and Carrie is playing my Ohana Vita.

For some reason, she offered to care for it while I'm away...

....-kurt

Last edited:
I've been remiss- never posted any samples of the Vita after receiving it, BUT....

Here's a ink that Fitncrafty posted, when I went to her house to jam the night before Irene came to visit. (That was Irene, the big blow-hard, August 28, 2011).

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?52744-Little-Jam-with-Kurt...

I'm playing my new Sceptre, and Carrie is playing my Ohana Vita.

For some reason, she offered to care for it while I'm away...

....-kurt

yeah.. but it's not here!! I am totally in love with that vita... Pure and true love!

Great job guys. And Carrie, your daughter' got rythm!

Last edited:
Good job! And conga rats on the new uke!

Congrats on winning the new uke. That's pretty cool to win something . . . anything, especially a uke. Stopped in at Ukulele Source and it looks like someone just bought three ukes out of a new shipment of Kanilea's he received last week as well as the pineapple Sunday. Must have been a good day for Smiley.

Top Bottom