how much do you practice x day?

patico

Reaction score
hi UUs

how many hours of practice/study do you normally do each week??

My practice time is sporadic since I am not home very much at times. My music teacher always tells his students that the minimum should be 15 minutes twice a day for at least 5 days a week. Sometimes, I go home just to sleep, so I can't always follow his schedule (I am learning Mandolin), but I do try to get practice in as much as I can.

Dan

Minimum of an hour a day, but usually more like two or three on average. Weekends, more like 5 or six.

It all varies. Sometimes I play for hours straight. Sometimes only a couple of minutes.
I have to juggle between guitar, bass, harmonica, drums, ocarina and ukulele you see. Can't neglect anything!:p

I'd say I play a lot. Several hours a day. Mostly in the evenings after work.

But I don't really practise at all. I'm sorry to say I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to learning and practising, I just sit and jam out to myself.

In my warped world, I suppose "playing" and "practising" are nothing like the same thing :D

Ummm the difference between playing and practicing..... I play anywhere from 30 minutes to 2-3 hours a day. Mostly I am playing, which is making me a better player. Actually practice of barr chords or the evil Bb a few minutes here and there, most every day. Using a lesson book, very sporadic. Practicing tabs and playing melodies sporadically, at least three times a week, sometimes daily for 15 minutes or so. My first objective is to have fun. My second is to improve but without any pressure or deadlines, I have enough of that at work.

I play until i get frustrated...
or until i feel like ive been sitting down too long :3

I get in a couple of hours a day along with about an hour of guitar and sometimes an hour or so of mandolin. Being fairly new to the ukulele, I have been putting in more time on it. Once the "newness" wears off I suspect I'll even out the guitar and the uke for playing time. Not sure where I am headed on the mando right now.

I play "for fun" for an hour or two each day, usually not all at once.

For "serious" practice, I try to work on new material (and requisite new abilities) for an hour or so. In a good week, I'll have about five serious practice sessions mixed in with all that play, but most weeks I end up with two or three.

Of course, I have lots of fun during "practice", and I'm getting practice when I "play". Whee, ukulele!

It's great to see that Jane & Uncle play more than an hour a day but more like 3 to 4!! I average about 2 hours a day but that's because I just started. Once I get half good, I'll play 3 to 4!!! Only wishful thinking having two kids under 7...

I practice for half hour to an hour a day. Then i play for about the same.

I tend to run through several tunes that I know and I'm trying to keep in shape for about 30-40 minutes a day. Then I work on new tunes for about another half-hour to an hour. Since every new tune I learn tends to need an arrangement, I generally am creating those as I work on learning the new tunes. So maybe 90 minutes a day, nearly every day of the week, but I miss one now and then when traveling or working.

I really practice about 1/2 a day (meaning working on a new skill), but I play all day long (often working on fingerpicking melodies I knew really well- I would say equal to two hours a day), whenever the mood strikes. So far I have not missed a day yet.

Usually 2 or 3 times a day for 2 hours each (sometimes a little more). Includes playing and "formalized" practice.

I need to practice. I just play songs about 1-2 hours a night. I have to get disciplined to learn new things.

Not sure how long I spend practising. I probably spend 1-2 hours playing per day. Its generally in reach so I play a bit whenever the urge grabs me. I'm not really much good for actually practising skills etc., I generally just play through the songs I know, old and new. I guess you could specify between practising and just playing but it seems to me that its pretty much the same thing..... I improve through playing and singing songs I know, and learning new ones, so it seems to me its the same thing.

Cheers -F

Most days, two hours of scales, progressions, strumming and picking practice, followed by 1-2 hours of "playing". One day a week off. One day of about 5 hours playing music for my wife's art group at a studio. One to two jam sessions per week, 2-3 hours. Nice to be retired.

me too... like 2-3 hrs/day with some strings on my hands. usually uku, uke or guitar.

i'd say that there's no difference (my opinion) in playing/practising skills, everything you play is very valuable. even if it's a 2 chord song. it helps in ways we are not eve aware of... ex defining your style, smoothing changes, n so.
so let's keep ukeing all day long !!

Top Bottom