Tanglewood ukuleles - anyone play them?

kissing

Reaction score
The other day, I saw a Tanglewood ukulele in store.
It was a baritone, and it sounded very good (it also had non-wound baritone uke strings with high-D).

I've also been seeing them pop up on eBay these days. I think they have a new product range. I find their acoustic-electric soprano with cutaway very interesting.

Here's their site
http://www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk/products/banjomanduke/ukuleles.html

I haven't heard these mentioned much on UU though. Anyone familiar with these ukes?

The TU6 is a terrible instrument i don't think it really is built by tanglewood. I got one to try the ukulele after many years of guitar. Bad finish, very poor workmanship but the sound was ok. My apologies to joeybug who has a TU1-CE, i thought i had the TU1 and posted in an earlier thread, they are better made. The TU6 it the lowest model.

Yeh I've got a tanglewood concert, its a beauty

I used to have a Tanglewood acoustic guitar which I loved :p

I have a TU 1CE and I LOVE it, sounds great both acoustically and electrically, decent price and just what I was looking for, I did a thread with a review of her sound (if you can block out my bad singing) but I'm happy to do another video of just playing chords or there's the video:

I will try to find the actual sound sample I did when she arrived, but can't seem to find it...let me just check again...

Ah here:

Hope this helps!

Joey :music:

Well my workmate and friend whom i sold the Tanglewood TU6 to offered it back today for a couple of beers! He never played it, as he says i could sell snow to an Eskimo. Anyhoo on getting it back and now onto my 3rd ukulele i have to say, yes its pretty shoddily made but as i said it sounds ok and to my surprise the intonation is spot on?? I never gave it any time when i bought it really. It is now going to stay at my work.

I plan on fitting aquilas to see what that does to the tone :p.

Last edited:
Wow thanks. And thanks for those videos, it is absolutely beautiful.
I love the cutaway, and the fact that it has electronics.

I really like Sopranos with extra frets + electronics + cutaway (they're rare!)

Top Bottom