A new strain of UAS!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

A few people may have noticed that I have several "Ukulele" t-shirts that I wear in my videos, in fact recently, they've been the only ones *in* my videos! So I think I've discovered a new strain of UAS - UTSAS!
Ukulele T-Shirt Acquisition Syndrome!

I found this wonderful site from a UU members signature - here is the Ukulele T-Shirt Company It's on Cafepress, though it's based in the UK, but they make some WONDERFUL t-shirts and other assorted things. I have three ready to buy when I have the cash, and of course they're the UU shop where you can get great ones too, like my "Say Aloha To My Little Friend" one and just the pain old "Ukulele Underground" one, I'm looking at a hoodie from there, just have to save up a little, along with all the Ukuleles I want too, I'm gonna be bankrupt!

Anyone else suffering with this strain? Or am I just weird?! I have a plan though...I'm gonna save and buy in order.

First time I have enough - the three t-shirts (and more if I they catch my eye) & the UU hoodie, as well as a few headstock straps for my Leash so I don't drop my prized possessions!

Second time - gonna buy another Ukulele I have my eye on (damn you UAS, I was nearly finished with you!)

Thiird time - gonna stock up on strings and a nice case for my custom Cursley

And the fourth time will be the Cursley...

And then I'm done...honest!! (Except I want a nice round number, so there may be room for one more, maybe a K brand or something!)

...I think I should start a UU UA - Ukuleles Anonymous because I'm certainly hooked and have it BAD!!!

It's just those different shapes and sounds and different strings...I haven't been as passionate about something for a long time, and it's coming up a year and not only am I still playing, but I've come a long way since that first "video" that I have since made private because it was so very bad!

So, what do you all think? Totally nuts? Need hekp? Totally lost it? Calling the men in banks to take away my cards so I can't buy anything else?

Meh, I'm happy, and that's what counts right?

Joey :music:

Now that you say it....YES I do!!
I think I have about 12 uke related shirts.
I am so bad I started having them made for Ukeeku.com!!
I think it is the fact that they are so cheap that makes them so easy to buy.

Now that you say it....YES I do!!
I think I have about 12 uke related shirts.
I am so bad I started having them made for Ukeeku.com!!
I think it is the fact that they are so cheap that makes them so easy to buy.

I understand:) Lots of uke shirts too.

I've got 4 UU t-shirts, a Ukin' in the woods T, 4 UWC T's, 3 Mainland T's, Gus and Finn T, Uke Revolution T, Mid-West Uke Fest T. That's 15 ukulele T's. I guess I'm guilty.

yes, that's funny I know the feeling (uke t-shirt acquisition syndrome) 'tho I haven't many uke t-shirts.

here's one I've had my eye on...

http://www.ukuleleshirtworld.com/Ukulele/Ukulele-Revolution-T-Shirt/_p_2409482

People who understand! YES! Only, don't show me links, it makes my bank manager cry! :D

I'm not really a fan of t-shirts advertising what I do, so no UTSAS here! Though if they made a polo with an ukulele as the emblem, I would certainly pick up one.

Sometimes co-dependency is a GOOD thing - UU UA should be avoided...
I know I'm a nooB with Ukes, but I see no harm here (as my wife & kids roll their eyes - I don't understand THAT).
We all ned to wear clothes, right? Why not clothes that we LIKE???

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of t-shirts advertising what I do, so no UTSAS here! Though if they made a polo with an ukulele as the emblem, I would certainly pick up one.

Someone needs to make one of those, I'll add it to my ever growing list of things I WANT!

Sometimes co-dependency is a GOOD thing - UU UA should be avoided...
I know I'm a nooB with Ukes, but I see no harm here (as my wife & kids roll their eyes - I don't understand THAT).
We all ned to wear clothes, right? Why not clothes that we LIKE???

Very true, I'm losing weight so I need clothes that'll fit me, I rarely buy new clothes, but the t-shirts make me smile and that's more important right? And I do NEED clothes, people would complain if I went out naked, I'm liking this argument! :D:D

I recently found a few new ones on Daniel Ho's website
http://www.UkuleleCreations.com/Apparel.html
I have 2 Mighty Uke shirts (cause I liked the design so much) and a UU shirt. I am pretty picky though when it comes to graphic design, and I prefer the ladies cut, so that cuts down the selection a lot. If I found more designs to my liking, I would buy more. I see no problem with it at all. After all, since we have to wear something, it might as be a uke T-shirt.
–Lori

I have....
- 2 UU hoodie sweatshirts
- 2 UU T-shirts
- 1 Mighty Uke T-shirt

I find that when I wear any of them, I get more people commenting than any other T-shirts/Hoodies I have ever worn.
Cheers,
Skottoman

I too love t shirts.... mostly super hero ones but I have many other kinds. Only 2 Uke t's though. Am actually getting my own equipment to start making some. Have somany interesting designs in mind already!

I really need to get some uke clothing. :)

It's your fault Joey as I've been seeing them in your vids! Thanks for that CafePress link there's some amazingly cool shirts on there. I am going to have to order a couple for sure. Oh and if you add anything more to your ukulele collection or wishlist, your signature is going to fill my entire screen! Haha!

I really need to get some uke clothing. :)

It's your fault Joey as I've been seeing them in your vids! Thanks for that CafePress link there's some amazingly cool shirts on there. I am going to have to order a couple for sure. Oh and if you add anything more to your ukulele collection or wishlist, your signature is going to fill my entire screen! Haha!

LOL, that's true, gonna have to make my sig a lot smaller, may just have to go back to listing them rather than pictures and it's not a wish list. it's my "saving up to buy list" :D

Top Bottom