I made an amp...well sort of

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Sooooo....in anticipation of getting a solid body Uke in September for my birthday, and already owning 2 electric guitars, I decided to make an easy to carry practice amp. It sounds pretty good for the tiny speaker I have in it, and will sound better when I put a bigger one in tomorrow. I'll probably upload a video after I put a new speaker in. :)

I basiclly took apart computer speakers, and got it's circuit board. Then I had to switch the input from 1/4" to 1/8". I then hooked up a little better speaker, and put in the only thing I had lying around, A John Deer box thing. I might eventually paint it, I don't know.

i4jq4l.jpg

2laey50.jpg

Looks really cool dude! Reminds me of a guy I know who is doing 60's trash garage punk.

Ok guys, I'll be posting a video sometime this afternoon. I gotta go get new strings, then wire up the other speaker. Thank's for the good comments. :D

Okay guys, the vid is up. It's a little louder than my camera makes it seem, but still it sounds pretty nice.

I know my playing is crap, but hey I've only been playing for a few weeks and I'm teaching myself, so please excuse me. ..and anyway the vid is just to show what a little hard work can achieve!

The video!

1. sounded good.
2. looked good.
3. nothin runs like a deer!

good job man!

excuse my terrible jokes it had to be done.

:D

Hey guys. I found a new container. I'll be making a new practice amp with this as soon as I go buy speakers. I'll probably do a video tutorial on this one.

2rha89t.jpg

Man, ever since you first posted this I have been trying to find the little "mini amp" page I once saw. At last I found it.

Check out the Minty Amps site. You can get the whole basic amp for under $10, either assembled or as a "solder it yourself" kit, and there are a bunch of customizing options.

I like the idea of having one that is turned on by plugging your instrument in, has a speaker and an output jack, with the output jack turning the speaker off.

You can get as fancy as you want, but the basic model fits inside an Altoids (or similar) tin.

Top Bottom