11 year old one-handed ukulele player

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Nick Acosta was born with only one hand, but it doesn't stop him from playing the ukulele.

Ukulele prodigy inspires many with his music
By Diane Ako

WAIPAHU (KHNL) - Have you heard of Nick Acosta? If you haven't, remember that name! He's an 11-year-old ukulele prodigy, strumming his way to success - one chord at a time.

He's only 11 years old but this young ukulele player has big dreams.

"I want to play the ukulele like Roy!"

Full article and video at the link.

Hell yea, an he from da Islands, make da locals proud brah!

Thanks Seeso. Inspirational indeed. Kids amaze me how they can overcome adversity. Can't wait to see more of him in the future.

Thanks for the link seeso. That story realy strums the heart strings.

I saw this when it played on the news. It's a pretty cool story. Roy Sakuma for people who aren't from Hawaii is pretty much synonymous with the Ukulele here. He has schools all over Oahu and thousands of kids and adults have gone through his courses, though very few are actually taught first hand by Roy anymore.

Also the only reason to watch KHNL is Stephanie Lum :love:

wow, hes amazing, how does he do it????? hes a great inspiration:bowdown:
im not worthy:bowdown:

Thanks Seeso. Inspirational indeed. Kids amaze me how they can overcome adversity. Can't wait to see more of him in the future.

Nice King Kalakaua avatar cuz!

The kid is just awesome. The human will to overcome never ceases to amaze me.

Incredible!!!! love to hear stories like that, uke or not! Thanks seeso i think that just made my day. :)

Yes I did see this one and it's very inspiring.

I teach my friends and family to play the uke.
Some of my friends who aren't as commited like to complain..

next time they do so I'm showing them THIS video :D

That's kid is so pro. He's got so much willpower wanting to play the uke with one arm and now he's amazing.

that's insane. :music::eek: I dont even understand how he can pick?! this kids gonna blow up.

i think he has a thumb, from what i could see

I read the article and was hoping to watch the video to see how he could play with one hand. Unfortunately, the video is not available anymore. :(

Top Bottom