How to start a high school club?

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was asked by a few students to advise and help start a uke club on campus. I'm a newbie to the instrument so any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know where to start.

well if people are asking you to start one and your still new to it, then ask someone whos better to try and start it. if theres no one with ukulele skills exceeding the average player at your school then practice until you are then start one.
starting a club is varies from school district to school district but usually you need a teacher to supervise dont you? and some people who are willing to join...

I'm actually starting a uke club at my high school (I'm a teacher there). The first step for any club is to find a teacher willing to sponsor you- they don't even have to want to learn themselves (although any normal person would give it a go :)- they just have to be willing to sit with you for the entire uke meeting. I think you will find that there are several uke players at your school when you hang the fliers and make the announcement about the club. And something about the uke attracts the nicest people you would ever want to hang with- good luck!

@pulelehua - thanks for the link.

I guess I should clarify that I am a teacher at the high school, that's why the students approached me about being the advisor.

-gyosh

Top Bottom