PDA

View Full Version : How many ukes do you own?????

sinus
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello everybody,
Since I started to play the ukulele I bought 9 them.
Hoe many do YOU own??????

Martin Style O 1932
Mahalo U320
Kala acasia soprano
MahiMahi pineapple
Don Hofstee concert
Don Hofstee tenor
Ashbury resonator
Kamaka HF-1
Koaloha KCM-00

Happy strummin' from Holland, Sinus

ItsMrPitchy
08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I own 3:
Stagg soprano US10
Greg Bennett concert uk pkn 70
Kala lacewood tenor KA-ASLAT

syrynx
08-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Just the two in my sig.

(At the moment...)

joeybug
08-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I have seven, eight if you include my Goddaughter's. I also have picked out #8 & #9 and will have both hopefully before the end of this year, I've been playing a year August 31st. I plan to have 10 because it's a round number, my plan WAS eight but then I saw another one I wanted so I'm keeping the space open for one more in my life...

I figure it makes me happy, I play them all, they all sound different, so why shouldn't I enjoy them?

Fliss
08-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Only one at the moment - an Ohana SK10S.

However, this state of affairs could change tomorrow.... :)

hedgehogsontoast
08-05-2011, 01:46 AM
I have two - a redwood S30 uke and a rubbish little ashton uke100 union jack coloured which is mainly for chucking around in my videos

Tudorp
08-05-2011, 02:01 AM
13 ukes, 11 guitars, 1 bass.

I'm feeling sick now....

Leodhas
08-05-2011, 02:39 AM
13 ukes, 11 guitars, 1 bass.

I'm feeling sick now....

What's the epiphone les paul uke like? I was going to get a masterbilt epiphone uke that had been reduced down to £100 to get rid of stock just over a year ago and didn't and I'm still kicking myself...!

savagehenry
08-05-2011, 02:44 AM
I have 6 ukes and 1 on order, 5 acoustic guitars, 6 electric guitars, 2 basses, a banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, and a lap steel and I can't really play any of them, I guess I have issues.

PhilUSAFRet
08-05-2011, 02:49 AM
I have 6 ukes and 1 on order, 5 acoustic guitars, 6 electric guitars, 2 basses, a banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, and a lap steel and I can't really play any of them, I guess I have issues.

Hmmmmm, wonder where you get that???????? :rolleyes:

roxhum
08-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Five: two soprano's; one pineapple; two concerts (see signature) and I am itching for a Mainland Red Cedar, maybe a pineapple so that I have two of each

kissing
08-05-2011, 03:04 AM
Oh jeez.. let's see.. latest count..

-Mahalo UK220E
-Makala pineapple soprano
-Mainland Gecko acoustic-electric soprano
-Epiphone Les Paul Concert
-Epiphone Mandobird electric ukulele
-Eleuke Cigar box concert
-Eleuke solid body tenor
-Risa steel string tenor (semi-hollow)
-Risa steel string Les Paul soprano (coming in the mail soon)
-Oscar Schmidt OU55CE acoustic electric baritone
-Legacy baritone
-Rally banjo-ukulele
-Ozark Tenor guitar tuned DGBE

Non-uke..

-Saein hollow-body violin bass guitar (identical to the Epiphone viola bass)
-Casio CTK-3000 Keyboard
-Medeli digital drum kit
-Afro Conga drums
-Mano Cajon

And about 20 ocarinas that I won't bother listing all the different models of.
There's a few guitars in the house that I don't play (my father's), and an assortment of other small instruments like harmonicas, tin whistles...a Samick piano... egg shakers, recorders... etc

Hmm.. do I have a problem?

nscafe
08-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Tiki King Surf Fluke
Maccaferri Islander

I have a trip to Hawaii next year, where I'll be looking to buy a Kamaka HF-3.

I also have a Taylor 414ce and a Yamaha Pacifica electric guitar.

Chap
08-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Eleuke Concert Pineapple
David Gill Concert Pineapple
Both Anuenue U900 Sopranos
Kala Travel Concert
Concert Flea
Mya-Moe Concert Resonator
1930s Banjolele of Frankenstein origin
Anuenue Concert Banjolele
Beansprout Concert Banjolele
Ashbury Concert-ish Banjolele (it's more like Soprano+)

dhoenisch
08-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Hard to say for me, since I probably rightfully own 11 or so ukes after purchasing 9 via CraigsList ad (some being repaired, a couple already given away), and purchased a couple of baritones via Musician's Friend stupid deal of the day. I guess as far as the one I am going to personally keep, you can say I have 2 1/2 ukes. One Oscar Schmidt OU-2 concert, a new to me Lanikai S-T tenor, and my 1/2 uke is the one in my avitar, which is a 1930/1940's Harmony solid birch soprano uke that I am repairing.

Dan

xjumper
08-05-2011, 03:25 AM
If you know how many ukulele's you have, you don't have enough.
Kamaka white label baritone
Pono baritone mango
Pono baritone ebony/spruce
Kala baritone rosewood/cedar
MP baritone pineapple redwood top
MP baritone rosewood/cedar
Koaloha tenor Sceptre
Pono tenor mahogany
Ovation tenor
Pono tenor mahogany 6 string
Cigar box tenor
Republic concert resonator
My other instruments are lap steels, weissenborns, and dobro's

Mandarb
08-05-2011, 03:30 AM
5 ukes - listed in the order I obtained them:

1) Lanikai LU-21T: Signed by Jake Shimabukuro....so it is a wallhanger.
2) Mainland Mahogany Gloss Tenor with MOP Tuners
3) Kamaka HF-3: Main player and travel uke.
4) Emil Bader Custom Mango Tenor
5) A Gifted No-Name Uke: Needs a lot of work to be playable.

Manalishi
08-05-2011, 03:47 AM
I own the ones in my sig,but I have built a reso and
two biscuit tin (cookie tin) ones which have been
given to friends.And I am now considering another
one but have to decide.......

PoiDog
08-05-2011, 04:15 AM
I "own" two, but really only ever play the tenor.

Tudorp
08-05-2011, 04:17 AM
What's the epiphone les paul uke like? I was going to get a masterbilt epiphone uke that had been reduced down to £100 to get rid of stock just over a year ago and didn't and I'm still kicking myself...!

Pros and cons. There is a good long thread on it awhile back. Do a search of "Epiphone Les Paul Uke" and you should find it. Lots of good info on it..

dnewton2
08-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Let us see...

Moore Bettah NSB concert
Koaloha concert
Howlett Concert electric
Stagg concert (2 year olds toy now)
KPK soprano
Tangi 10 (half a uke)

I guess it is 6, I didnt think it was that high. I could say 4.5 though.

bdukes
08-05-2011, 04:29 AM
In this crowd I have to say I'm down to ONLY seven. Will be attempting to go lower but like my golf game, probably not gonna happen.

blmvxer
08-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Two, My primary not sure of the brand but my granpaw bought it in the 1940's, the other is a mint condition barclay and is no longer made.

70sSanO
08-05-2011, 05:07 AM
I have the 3 ukes in my sig.

My wife has a Kala KA-KCG-CT concert.

John

kissing
08-05-2011, 05:07 AM
I don't know. Do hoes own many ukes?

Ted4
08-05-2011, 05:13 AM
In the last two months - Two Dolphins, one Mahalo and a Savannah that arrived this morning.

Uke Whisperer
08-05-2011, 05:15 AM
5 at the moment but heading down to local music store to look/play one of the new Martins this afternoon. ...

Noobulele
08-05-2011, 05:40 AM
I have one Ukulele; a $24, brown Mahalo U30. :D

deadpool
08-05-2011, 05:46 AM
I have the 4 in my signature plus an Ohana CK-50 WG on the way. In addition I own 6 acoustic guitars and two mandolins. I seem to be a victim to all the _AS's! LOL. What can I say?

bbqribs
08-05-2011, 05:48 AM
5 plus my dad's. But I can justify them all.

hopkid
08-05-2011, 05:50 AM
The ones in my signature plus a 1920s Columbia mahogany soprano that I'm keeping in hiding to give to my wife when she gets a little better. Although I think she's starting to adopt my Kamaka soprano. She currently has a Kala KA-P pineapple.

Uk3player78
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
1, Tanglewood TU6 soprano. I sold this when i got my second ukulele, then got it back for a couple of beers.

2, Lanikai LU21-C concert. Great for the money but intonation needed work and is is only just right, off in places by a hair.

3, Kala KA-ASACC concert. My first all solid wood ukulele. Perfect intonation and beautiful sound.

4, Ordered today UAS took hold. One very difficult to find in stock Ohana SK35G soprano. Solid mahogany. Should arrive on Tuesday :D.

So 2 laminate, 2 all solid, 2 concert size and 2 soprano makes up my 4 ukulele's. EEK! Thats it for now tho i promise ;).

itsme
08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
5 plus my dad's. But I can justify them all.
Oh, but can't we all? :p

6 ukes, 5 guitars, 4 mandolins here.

ksiegel
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Including the Vita Uke that's probably sitting at my mail drop, I think I have... 9, two of which are banjo ukes.

And every single one has a different sound.

-Kurt

(Looking for more, too...)

Dan Uke
08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
For the OP, it would be great to have a poll so that we could see quickly as I'm sure this thread will grow several pages!!

I only have 2 but always looking.

dhoenisch
08-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Well, since everyone else is adding other instruments, I reckon I can play along too :) :

2 1/2 ukes, one concert, one tenor and one partially assembled standard
6 acoustic guitars (1 classical, 1 12-string, and 4 steel strings)
3 banjos
2 mandolins
1 electric guitar
1 mountain dulcimer (self built)
and probably some other instruments I can't recall at the moment :)

It's a sickness

Dan

fabioponta
08-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I have now/waiting arrive:
Kamaka Tenor HF-3
Kanilea Tenor T1 SF (waiting arrive)
Wim Van Der Leden Banjolele Tenor open back
Asonu Tahitian Ukulele Tenor 12 strings (waiting arrive)
Asonu Tahitian Ukulele Tenor 8 strings
Koaloha Super Concert
Koaloha Concert
BluegrassUkes Cigarbox Concert
Mainland Pineapple Soprano Mahogany
Black Bear Soprano Mahogany
Martin Soprano S-O
Martin Soprano S-1 (waiting arrive)

I've had, but sold:

Tangi Koa Tenor
Pono MDT Tenor
Koa Pili Koko Tenor
Asonu Tahitian Ukulele Tenor 8 strings eletric
Hamano Tenor
Kala SMHT Tenor
Kala Ka-CE concert
Hamano Concert
Mele Koa Concert
Pono MC-E Concert
Koa Pili Koko Concert
Ohana Vita Spruce/Rosewood Concert
Lanikai Lu-21C Concert
Vivace Concert abeto/maple
Koaloha Soprano
Hamano Soprano
Hawaii Kai Soprano
Vivace Soprano abeto/pau-ferro
Vivace Soprano abeto/imbúia
Vivace Soprano abeto
Ibanez UKS10 Soprano
Vintage Soprano
Koa Pili Koko Soprano
Regal Soprano U-17
Lanikai Pineapple LU-21P soprano
Wim Van Der Leder Banjolele Soprano
Ohana Sopranino

WTB: Koaloha Tenor

Fliss
08-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Ah, if we're admitting to our other instruments as well as ukes, I will also admit to four guitars, three mandolins and a bodhran - oh, and a keyboard -as well as my (currently one :) ) uke

Fliss

zac987
08-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Down to 2 old banjo ukes and an old parlor. I'm looking to add a tenor uke just to have a regular ukulele to play. Perhaps a Sailor Brand or LoPrinzi tenor.

hedgehogsontoast
08-05-2011, 11:20 PM
everyone one has so many!! i also have a saxophone

Hippie Dribble
08-06-2011, 02:47 AM
I have 6 mya moes: 2 sopranos, 2 concerts and 2 tenors.

I am having a supersoprano being built at the moment, and another concert in October. I also have a concert resonator slated for January.

The UAS has seen me with over 30 ukes until only recently, so I figure I'm not doing too bad....hmmm... (more) therapy clearly required.

Other instruments? I have a mandolin, acoustic guitar, banjo and appalachian dulcimer, as well as many harmonicas, a keyboard, kazoos and a boxful of awesome toy instruments.

Dan Uke
08-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I have 6 mya moes: 2 sopranos, 2 concerts and 2 tenors.

I am having a supersoprano being built at the moment, and another concert in October. I also have a concert resonator slated for January.

The UAS has seen me with over 30 ukes until only recently, so I figure I'm not doing too bad....hmmm... (more) therapy clearly required.

Other instruments? I have a mandolin, acoustic guitar, banjo and appalachian dulcimer, as well as many harmonicas, a keyboard, kazoos and a boxful of awesome toy instruments.

Eugune, I can't tell but do you like Mya Moes??? hahaha

angeltreats
08-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I have three:

Makala Dolphin in blue
Kala Lacewood concert
LAG stage series U100CBLK concert

I bought the LAG specifically to put a low G on it. But I like it too much for it to be an occasional uke, so now I need another one.

(Also four guitars, two harmonicas and a tin whistle.)

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Seven. And I've got my eye on another one. Still haven't beaten UAS. Grr.

I do love all seven ukes, though. Ahh.

Edit: Yep, now it's eight. Heh.

Edit: Hmm, lost count. Here's the list:

Camp Uke (broken),
Kamaka HF-1,
Harmony soprano,
Sprucehouse S-0,
Makala Dolphin,
Swaggerty Singing Treholipee,
French Reed Manufacturing Co. Islander Uke,
Amuse.Sekiguchi Ukulelia,
Ohana SK-21,
Paulele KBUS

That's ten. Oh wait, I also have four Makala ukes (three MK-S's and a Dolphin) that I'll be giving as gifts this holiday season. So fourteen for now. Ten soon.

TCK
08-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Fifteen...I think. Hmmm- let's role call it:
Martin 3M (1940's)
May-Bell BU 24 (1920's)
May-Bell BU 20 (1930's)
Kala Spruce-top Baritone
Kala Spalted Tenor
Kala Lacewood Soprano
Risa Peanut Tenor
Morgan Monroe BU
2 home grown Cigar boxes
Ohana Vita
Makala Tenor
Makala Soprano
Excellent- only 13!
Saving for a Mya I am pretty sure- and also surrounded by accordions

Lardy Fatboy
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Lots in Ukulele Corner (including my guitars), with more on order, and even more on the wish list (and they have a habit of moving from the wish list to Ukulele corner!).
(Not sure ukulele corner is up at the moment Google seem to have suspended it because they think I'm under 13? on what planet? on this one even my shoe size is over 13!)
Anyhow I thought I had a lot until I visited a friends house recently and he has over 50, that just the ukuleles not counting any of his Guitars, Bass's Mandolin's Banjo's and so on

Ukuleleblues
08-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I own one less than I need. Been going on for years.

ksiegel
08-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I own one less than I need. Been going on for years.

Only since Thanksgiving with me, but I otherrwise concur.

-Kurt

(the) Indigo Getdown
08-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Just the two in my sig- the Mainland concert and an old Lyra soprano that I'm in the middle of repairing. However, once I get it playable again, it's going to a kid who's really excited about learning how to play, so I'll be down to just the one. Of course, I finally hopped off the fence and ordered a Firefly last night, so that'll bring me back up to two when it eventually arrives.

As for other instruments....two guitars, five-string banjo, mandolin, keyboard and the odd snare drum. I seriously need to downsize some though, ha ha.

Chris Tarman
08-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I have 19 ukuleles, 8 bass guitars and 1 acoustic guitar. Surprisingly, bass is my main instrument. They're just more expensive and take up more room than ukes. I had 10
basses until a couple of years ago, when I sold two to buy a bicycle. I've never sold a uke yet. I still need a couple of things: a banjo uke or two, and a custom soprano that I
have in mind.

Teek
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
I have three tenors, two concerts and a soprano or two I hope to keep. The other four sopranos and possibly a guitar need to go to new homes. At least I'm getting them sorted downward. If I can't get my RSI and arthritis controlled, I may just have a few wall hangers. In which case I'll go back to buying paint. I like Vasari and Williamsburg mostly, plus some Blockx and Michael Harding.

drbekken
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I have five sopranos, all VERY cheap: Richwood, Stagg, Martin Smith, TNA and Vintage...then I have an NMS Co vintage banjo ukulele from the 1920s and a Brunswick tenor. The tenor is nice, but too big for me. I prefer the sopranos.

metricfuture
09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
I have six; one soprano (super cheap flying V), one long-neck concert, a concert scale banjo uke, a strange beast that's billed as a concert but is really somewhere between a tenor and a concert, and two regular ol' concerts. Hmmm, I'm sensing a theme here. Maybe it's time to branch out?

gyosh
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Besides the ukes in my signature I have about half a dozen Kohala Sopranos in my classroom and a Makala tenor. Those are "loaner"ukes for any student wishing to stop by and play. All the cheap loaners have been set up and fit with Aquila strings. Word has been spreading and I may have to purchase a few more for the classroom.

In defense of what looks like blossoming UAS - the Dolphin is for my son to bang around (4 yo), the Kamoa is for if/when he learns to play, the Kala KA-STg is for my wife, and the Kamaka HF-3 is mine. In a few weeks I'll also have built a pineapple tenor, under the tutiledge of a Rick Turner build class. I guess it does sound bad when you take into account I've only been playing for about three months.

Emjenic
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I've got six: two concerts, two baritones, a tenor and something between a tenor and a baritone which I call a tenoritone :). But it does not seem nearly enough...

coriandre
09-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I think it.s time for me to start a UAS therapy group.....I think I may have found some clients......

SuzukHammer
09-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I'll estimate 40; but it could be higher. I have ukes in 3 different countries. I have ukes in the mail system.

I slept with a uke in my bed the last two night because I've been learning lots of new songs because of a long holiday weekend here.

I think I'll slow down and only order customs now.

foxfair
09-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll estimate 40; but it could be higher. I have ukes in 3 different countries. I have ukes in the mail system.

I slept with a uke in my bed the last two night because I've been learning lots of new songs because of a long holiday weekend here.

I think I'll slow down and only order customs now.

Waoo... 40 that is a huge number. But I would guess you can't slow down by ordering custom, because, while you are waiting for custom one arrival, you will still look for others. It turns out that you'll probably receive two or more uke at the same time. hehe......

Rick Turner
09-23-2011, 07:16 PM
When I guest curated the ukulele exhibit for the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad, CA, I got in touch with three of my pals here in Santa Cruz: Sandor Nagyszalanczy, Andy Andrews (before he moved to Hawaii), and Ukulele Dick (aka Rick McKee). Among the three of them, they had...and no exaggeration here...750 plus ukuleles. When the museum folks came up to load ukes into a van...a big one...we did a layer of packing blankets, a layer of ukes, a layer of packing blankets, a layer of ukes, ad nauseum until we had about 250 ukes in a layer cake of delight.

Andy has moved to Hawaii, but Ukulele Dick and Sandor (with whom I play in "Uke Ellington") have continued to add to their collections, so there's still close to 600 ukes between the two of them. And you could not pick two people who more deserve them. They're lovingly kept, restored, and played.

We do know how to live here on the Left Coast!

Rick Turner
09-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh, and...it's provided me with an incredible resource for understanding the instrument(s). Invaluable for me as a designer/builder of these utterly seductive little things.

hibiscus
09-23-2011, 08:02 PM
If I were younger and healthier, I'm sure I would want several more, but the ones in my signature will be all the ukes for me.
However, I have an autoharp, piano, organ & 3 sizes of recorders, alto being my favorite.

mybote
09-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I just countd 13. Hey , wait a minute. That's an unlucky number. Well, I guess I'd better find one more. Better safe than sorry.;)

Rick Turner
09-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Ukes are relatively easy to get past the front door and the significant other...

808beast
09-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Two x)
I have a concert ukulele from the Philippines (got it for 10 USD!) and a Kamaka Tenor.

SuzukHammer
09-23-2011, 09:01 PM
When I guest curated the ukulele exhibit for the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad, CA, I got in touch with three of my pals here in Santa Cruz: Sandor Nagyszalanczy, Andy Andrews (before he moved to Hawaii), and Ukulele Dick (aka Rick McKee). Among the three of them, they had...and no exaggeration here...750 plus ukuleles. When the museum folks came up to load ukes into a van...a big one...we did a layer of packing blankets, a layer of ukes, a layer of packing blankets, a layer of ukes, ad nauseum until we had about 250 ukes in a layer cake of delight.

Andy has moved to Hawaii, but Ukulele Dick and Sandor (with whom I play in "Uke Ellington") have continued to add to their collections, so there's still close to 600 ukes between the two of them. And you could not pick two people who more deserve them. They're lovingly kept, restored, and played.

I would like to personally confirm this because I could spend a couple of days there in the verification process. It would be extraordinary I'm sure. That number is larger than any store could inventory.

SuzukHammer
09-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Ukes are relatively easy to get past the front door and the significant other...

Yeah, I could see that:

< you sneaking in the house at 9 pm with 2 uke cases and some song sheets.>

Her: "And just where have you been the last 2 hours??"

You: " Drinking heavily at the bar and picking up loose women"

Her: " That's BS!!!. I know you've been playing uke all night!!! Why all the lies???!!!"

nickie_66
09-23-2011, 10:53 PM
the right number is 7! :D

nothing else :D

joeybug
09-23-2011, 11:57 PM
I have 8, with #9 planned already...why yes, I do have a case of UAS!

foxfair
09-24-2011, 12:15 AM
I have 3 currently, one for each size. planning on the 4th in 2 months later.

Jon Moody
09-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I have three currently, with a fourth being built currently.

I'm currently patiently scouring eBay to find a nice old uke that could use a little work to be playable again. Not in any hurry (might check Elderly next time I'm up there to), but something that I could put some woodworking skill into would be great.

dkcrown
09-24-2011, 01:34 AM

I did not know that Sandor was a ukulele player/collector. As a cabinetmaker, I know of him from his articles in Fine Woodworking magazine. And evidently like him, I can appreciate ukuleles for their beauty in craftsmanship as well as their angellic sound.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I own 17 ukuleles

Gmoney
09-24-2011, 03:43 AM
I did not know that Sandor was a ukulele player/collector. ...

Short article w/a photo of some of his ukes:

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_11713756

And... currently my ukes stand at 15, with another 5 in the house beloning to my daughter. My UAS has been in remission since the Pineapple Sunday joined the herd.

nix
09-24-2011, 08:39 AM
I have 3:

Luna High Tide Tenor
Luna Dolphin Concert
Kala Travel Soprano

Everyone has to have at least one of each size, right? It's like a uke rule ;)

Nix

Tudorp
09-24-2011, 08:51 AM
This is an old thread revived. But currently, I truely have no idea. There are several in every room I believe. Between myself and my daughter, counting guitars both electric and acustic, ukulele's and banjos, we have to have 40+, but that is a guess plus or minus a few forgotten ones I assume.

uke4ia
09-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I dropped off my long-broken armadillo mandolin at the luthier today to be rebuilt into a concert uke. My daughter asked me tonight "So how many ukes will this make?" Yikes. I wasn't thinking of it as a new instrument, but it hasn't been an "active" instrument as long as she can remember. Counting the tiple, this will make 7. The sopranos have hardly been touched since I got the tenor 15 years ago.

Kawika tenor
Kiwaya K-Wave "Telecaster" concert
Fluke concert
Martin '20s Style 2-M soprano
Martin '50s Style 3-M soprano
Yasuma tiple
Awaiting: armadillo mandolin undergoing IRL (Instrument Reassignment Luthiery)

And a Yamaha DX7-II synthesizer that was great for 18 years but has been broken now for 5 and is now just a fancy but narrow desk.

Torrez
09-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I have two.

ksiegel
09-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I've got 11. Since I've gotten the KoAloha Sceptre, the UAS is definitely in remission.

But oh, there are temptations!

Like the Compass Rose Rosewood uke, the Compass Rose 5-string, and the National Resonator, all of which I played at Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz.

And all of which are out of my ballpark right now.

The Uke Savings Account aka the UAS-SA) just paid for a replacement refrigerator this week.

-Kurt

itsme
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM
6 ukes, 5 guitars, 4 mandolins here.
Oops, make that 7 ukes, added one since I last posted. :o

molokinirum
09-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I now own 4 ukes:

Kamaka HF-3
Kamile'a 6 String Tenor Deluxe
Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pinapple
Makala Concert

allanr
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
A bakers's dozen... Plus there are the three belonging to my wife.

Then there is my Kay Keykord tenor guitar and my son's abandoned Epiphone Special guitar. Then my flute, and a couple dozen or so harmonicas. Two sets of bongos. Two congas. Two boxes of percussion toys.

...and a Roland electric piano in my office, another one in the living room, an old all metal clarinet, two "wall-hanger" trombones, and a Roland electric drum pad.

zac987
09-24-2011, 06:40 PM
I've got 4, they're in my signature. I'd love to add a tiple and a Martin 3M to that list. The Slingerland is technically my fiancée's

dkcrown
09-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Short article w/a photo of some of his ukes:

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_11713756

And... currently my ukes stand at 15, with another 5 in the house beloning to my daughter. My UAS has been in remission since the Pineapple Sunday joined the herd.

Thanks Glenn

kaizersoza
09-25-2011, 12:17 AM
i own 5 as stated in my sig, the mainland is my favourite, though my fluke is the uke i play daily, i really enjoy playing the kala flamed maple at least twice a week, the dolphin is for fun and i take it everywhere eg work, car etc, my kala soprano only gets played about once a week and if i had to sell a uke this would be the one, but i still love its mellow sound

Raygf
09-25-2011, 03:59 AM
14, (Left to right back row) Glyph Custom Tenor, KoAloha long neck soprano, KoAloha soprano pineapple (D tuning), Pono Mahogany Tenor(low G)
(Left to right floor) Concert Surf Flea, Lanikai Curly Koa Baritone, Earnest Instruments concert Ceegar Box Ukulele, Walnut SB Tenor Fluke, Republic Resonator, Koloa Baritone (Linear Bb tuning), Tenor Fluke

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27077&d=1313686540

Ohana SK50R Spruce Top/Rosewood, Kala KA-ASAC-T, Martin SO (D tuning)
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27074&d=1313686489

mendel
09-25-2011, 04:57 AM
3. Trying to sell my Eleuke though. I just don't play it enough to justify keeping it...

ukeboy10
09-25-2011, 06:30 AM
I only have one. I do live in holland, we should jam sometime if we don't live too far away..

Chef Bill
09-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I have thirteen, including three Kalas, two Fleas, and some vintage Regals and Harmonies that I refurbished and "brought back to life." Also eight guitars, an autoharp I found at the flea market, and a few other pieces. Whenever my wife gives me the "look" upon bringing home another instrument, I say, "Be thankful that it's not motorcycles!"

The "Wall O' Ukes"

Some vintage Regal and Harmony projects

Mim
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
It fluctuates... but I have about 300 +/-

Haha... I crack myself up!

I personally own all the onces in my signature, the one no-name 70s Flea Market find and one Vintage Harmony Plastic Fretboard! I like em!

JOE R
09-26-2011, 05:34 PM
I have 2. A Kala KA-T tenor and an Applause UAE 20 electric soprano which just arrived today.
I am now saving for the next one which will be a K brand concert.

Landshark
09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I own six, 5 tenors one soprano

blue_knight_usa
10-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Hillarious! I think most of us have UAS issue and it is very contagious if your jamming buddies also have UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome)!

sukie
10-15-2011, 06:50 AM
I have 6 but only one really counts. I only play one..

Manalishi
10-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Mine are shown in my sig:but I'm always half-looking
at anything interesting that floats my boat!

Doc_J
10-15-2011, 09:35 AM
How many ukes do you own?????

As Ronnie Aloha suggested to me.... "Not enough" :)

chindog
10-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Let's see, I've got my Mainland Tenor, an Eleuke Peanut, an unknown brand concert from Indonesia, and they toy uke I got at Toys-R-Us. I don't count the last 2 as real ukes, so that makes 2.

ukunuke
10-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Currently own the three in my sig line, and I'm plenty happy with all. I think I may have settled in. Maybe I'm in UAS recovery. But to get here, I went through a soprano and tenor Leolani and a concert Lanikai.

Doc_J
10-15-2011, 01:43 PM
The ukes the we have bought or had made will be an on-going legacy that could last 100 years after we have left the planet. It is not an issue to have UAS and not be able to play well, it is a gift to future generations that wont have enough wood left and will have to spend all their money paying off the national debts, and/or squabbling in overcrowded slums. Make sure you set up your legacy so that the next generation of uke owners can access them easily, and do not have to sift through landfill sites. The fourth wave of uke ownership will only be able get its ukes from the UAS of the third wave.

Very interesting perspective. You're right, these new ukes could and should last long after I am gone. I like the thought that someone may still be playing these ukes a 100 years from now. Hadn't really considered that.

Big_e
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
4 at this time. My latest addition being a cheapie made-in-China that I bought off of ebay just because. I plan to add a tenor uke to my collection, maybe a 6 string. Ahhh the UAS is strong!
Ernest

sinus
10-16-2011, 01:55 AM
We hebben een ukelele band. Mannen met Kleintjes en komen uit Groningen. Check mijn YT kanaal. Nmenses.
Groeten.

Doc_J
10-16-2011, 05:17 AM
We hebben een ukelele band. Mannen met Kleintjes en komen uit Groningen. Check mijn YT kanaal. Nmenses.
Groeten.

You've got a cool band! Nice singing and playing.

Wow, the only ukulele band in the Netherlands!

http://www.mannenmetkleintjes.nl/mambo//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=48

zacht
10-16-2011, 05:27 AM
You've got a cool band! Nice singing and playing.

Wow, the only ukulele band in the Netherlands!

http://www.mannenmetkleintjes.nl/mambo//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=48

There's also the Official Ukulele orchestra of Dordrecht (O.U.D.), but their name is not half as cool as de 'mannen met kleintjes' (men with little ones).

sinus
10-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the compliment, Doc!

we tigers
10-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Tof bandje! Lijkt me ook wel leuk!

On topic:
I've got three ukes with a fourth on it's way from Hawaii.
Considering the fact that I started playing ukulele two months ago (I'm actually a bass player), the UAS is overwhelming...

gtrk
10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
UAS bad! Started almost a month ago;
Rouge soprano
Luna Honu soprano
Luna pine apple soprano
Luna Concert Tat acoustic
Luna Concert acoustic/electric
Oscar Schmidt OU5
Oscar Schmidt OU2T
Santa Rosa baritone

plus;
1 guitar
2 banjos
2 mandolins
4 violins
1 viola
1 cello

and a fife, trumpet, soprano trombone, 2 flutes, and a tamborine.

I want to get 2 Islander ukes next month. The MSS-4 and the MST-4 or a K-1 Island Tat.

Lalz
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Three (see signature):
- a beater one that is always around for practice, spontaneous playing and experimentation. I lend it out to friends sometimes so they can get a first taste of ukulele delight before buying one of their own
- a lovely soprano that is my main uke and that I always bring with me whenever I go play with others
- a banjo uke, after being smitten by The Bobby McGee's. I just recently put a low G string on it for Sawmill tuning so I can play Appalachian mountain songs on it.

I just need(/want) one more and I'm set: a concert/tenor to string with a low G to play Hawaiian Slack Key and West-Af High-Life on. Hesitating between a spurce-top Barnes & Mullins one and a tenor Fluke / concert Flea...

After that I'm basically covered in the uke department I think. Then my next purchase will be a ngoni! Or an Electribe?

(A lapsteel uke would be nice too but the only ones I know of are forever out of my budget)

cebukenieduke
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM
It all started with an idea to wean out my 14 year old high school kid hours away from playing internet games and FB. Lo and behold, starting March 2010, I end up hoarding 2 Sopranos, 1 concert, 3 tenors, 1 baritone, and 1 ubass kala . . . . all for my strumming. The "UAS" in me is not the issue, but, my ears dictated that there are songs that fleetingly set for each type of ukes. For jazzy songs I play the tenor, for folk songs tenor and concert, for modern tribal sounding songs my sopranos, blues my Ubass, james taylor era my baritone. After I bought the ZT 200watts amplifier and behringer xynix 802, my high school kid is still with his internet and FB vices. . . . . Ay yay yay!!!! . . . . but I'm heartily happy strumming my babies.....

ADD
11-08-2011, 04:47 PM
It fluctuates... but I have about 300 +/-

Haha... I crack myself up!

I personally own all the onces in my signature, the one no-name 70s Flea Market find and one Vintage Harmony Plastic Fretboard! I like em!

You crack me up!!

sinus
11-08-2011, 10:07 PM
300?????? My wife would kill me......

UkeLad
11-09-2011, 08:13 AM
I have four - a Samick Concert Uke, a Lag "Baby" soprano and two Uke Banjos - one by George Houghton & Sons ('60s or earlier) and an Ozark.

My wife however thinks I have four two many I reckon! :D

stanpeter
11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm at seven now, like in the signature. I had a very itchy UAS-rash that needed scratching last month.

allanr
11-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Hmm...

Since the last time I posted in this thread, it's gone from a "baker's dozen", to 16. Plus, my wife has 4 of her own. October/November saw the addition of the Dixie (which arrived with a coffee tin lid for a 'skin' - since re-skinned by me), and the Ohana 5 string (to which I added a Schatten passive pick-up). I also bought my wife her Kala pineapple.

ukulelecowboy
11-09-2011, 10:59 AM
We've had it bad for a long time...Around 80, I think...

The Ukulele Cowboy Society Collection:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/ADDmodeler/Ukes/UKE_ROOM_MONTAGE-1.jpg

OldePhart
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
One less than I did last week. My oldest daughter's family was visiting us this past weekend so my Mainland red cedar tenor went home with them to tide them over until Santa visits with a sleigh full. :)

John

allanr
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
We've had it bad for a long time...Around 80, I think...

Thanks for posting that. I'll be saving a link to your post for the next time my wife gets upset that I bought another one :p

ukuhippo
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
One, thinking about buying another dolphin and modifying it with a pickup.

Hippie Dribble
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
not enough

zac987
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
A Martin soprano and two banjo ukes. Two tiples if that counts. I'm looking to get rid of my BUs though, anyone interested?

Kawaii
11-09-2011, 01:00 PM
One, a cheapo Lanikai. I never saw the point in buying multiples of the same instrument.