need help with uke (fluke)

Reaction score
So my grandmother wants to buy me a fluke as a gift. I have played ukulele a bit and have been wanting to learn more for a while now. From what I have seen and heard about it, it has nearly identical sound to any ukulele.

Maybe it is just a different type of ukulele, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyways, the one she is getting me is similar to this:
http://orchestore1.stores.yahoo.net/lafluk.html

Please help me with information on similarities/differences.

It is an ukulele of which the body is made from plastic, like Ovation guitars and Applause ukuleles. Nice clear sound, it stands on its hiney, and the fretboard is plastic as well if you do not take the option of a rosewood fretboard.
Check the review section of ukuleleunderground.com (copy this into your browser) and check for some reviews. It is a nice and loud ukulele and will keep you happy for a long time.

Some are put off by the Fluke's plastic fretboard, plastic body and superthin plywood soundboard, but once you've picked one up you'll be surprised at just how likable they are. The sound is much better than you'd expect with a lot of sustain and volume. Since the fretboards are molded the pitch is right on. The action is fairly low, so they are very easy to play. Many folks who have very expensive ukes find a place in their collection for the Fluke or it's little brother, the Flea.

Say thanks Grandma and get to playin.
If it was a normal Uke shape it would be a Tenor i guess and the Flea a Soprano unless its the long neck version then a Concert????

I was at first put off by them now I find I play my Flea all the time it became my take with me Ukulele. I let my friends bang on it and don't feel to protective like I do with my cheeper Kalas!!!

Top Bottom