Oh Girl (the Chi-Lites ukulele cover)

Thanks, 23! Really appreciate it!

Aloha John...man oh man, the hits just keep coming!!! Another GREAT job! Maybe you need to put out a cd?????
Mahalo for sharing!

Thanks, friends! I really appreciate it!

I'll tell you - you pick the greatest songs from the period, and you nail them as your own. I love what you do with the 70's songs. I think my favorite was your take on Badfinger, now it's the the Chi-Lites. Have you considering doing a slow version of Stop In The Name of Love? I'm thinking you'd do a great version!

--G

Thanks, G! I hadn't thought about doing a Supremes songs, but there's a bunch of Motown songs I'd like to try. In fact, I was thinking of organizing a mega-collab on Motown songs before my keonepax channel went down. Once I get up to speed on using Final Cut Express to make videos, I might get that project going.

I'm looking forward to hearing your Motown project! There are so many fantastic songs that came out Motown. Here are a few of my votes for you to cover, as if we get to vote ;-)...
Ball of Confusion
Just My Imagination
Stop! In The Name of Love (I can hear the arrangement in my head, but there's no way I can pull it off)
Where Did Our Love Go (Another arrangement I can hear, but can't play)
My Guy
What Becomes of the Brokenhearted

On a side note, have you heard Marc Cohn's album "Listening Booth: 1970"? If not, I think you'd like the approach and arrangements he takes to some classic '70s songs. His interpretation of "Wild World" is worth the price of admission. Other highlights are "The Letter", "No Matter What", and "The Tears of a Clown".

--G

Thanks, G! All great suggestions! I'd have a hard time deciding what song to try!

oh man great job!..love this song...keep up the great covers!

Thanks for the suggestion, Trinimon! Thanks, Cool Hand!

Top Bottom