PDA

View Full Version : Lanikai Curly Koa and Koloa Solid Mahogany Baritone Samples

Raygf
08-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Oh man, I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon putting this together. Started with a Flip video, but moved to a laptop with a Zoom H2 as a usb mic. It's time to get back on the horse and make more videos. I definitely need the practice. Too many takes!

When I posted some pics of these two instruments bbycrts asked me to be sure to post how I like it. This is a purchase I do not regret. Very nice instrument for the price. Looking forward to more playing time on it with some different strings.

I will get some other videos up after the new strings settle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG85eVpNg64

Raygf
08-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Anybody know how to correct thread title spelling? I hate misspellings!

cheekmeat
08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Anybody know how to correct thread title spelling? I hate misspellings!

A thread title typo goes on your permanent record.

Also--3 demerits.

Raygf
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
A thread title typo goes on your permanent record.

Also--3 demerits.
Ha! Demerits looks misspelled, but isn't. For that matter, misspelled looks misspelled.

cheekmeat
08-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Ah, you got it fixed.

Personally, I like the sound of the Lanikai. A little more punch. Different strings might bring out more range in the Koloa. I'd be interested to hear it when you get some flat-wounds on it.

And great stinkin' prices there!!!

Nice work. We'll go ahead and just make that 2 demerits.

Raygf
08-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Ah, you got it fixed.
Personally, I like the sound of the Lanikai. A little more punch. Different strings might bring out more range in the Koloa. I'd be interested to hear it when you get some flat-wounds on it.
And great stinkin' prices there!!!
Nice work. We'll go ahead and just make that 2 demerits.

Come on 2 DEMERITS and I got it fixed! Harsh!

I too like the sound of the Lanikai more than the Koloa. The Koloa has promise! I think better strings will help and ultimately I wanted 2 so I could have them tuned differently.

After listening a few times, I'm not happy with the video samples. I'll work on that tomorrow and repost. Stay tuned!