Good ukulele warmup/practice exericises?

UkeKid32

Reaction score
Anyone know some good ways to exercise your fingers daily so they become better at strumming, finger plucking, speed, dexterity, and etc. in the long run?

so like rather than a song, what sort of exercises do you do (if any) to sort of "warm up" ?

It's counterintuitive, but one trick to improving speed is to practice a complicated piece veeeeery sloooooowly. This also helps with dexterity.

I do 2 warmups every day:
1. This one I got from a clip form MusicTeacher2010, you bar all strings from the 5th fret with your index finger and pluck each string individually and make sure they sound a clear note, then move up one Fret, repeat. I do this all the way to the 1st Fret. This will build up your finger strength and make barre cords a breeze.
2. The second one I do is from one of Aldrine's videos. I believe he calls is the worm warm up. Do a search on the UU videos for it.

Also like PhilUSAFRet said, Uncle Rod's chord exercises is something I do as well. I do not always do all sheets (I do not always have time), but they are a great way to imprint all chords in your fingers and mind.

Top Bottom