PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Mainland?

Marcy325
08-06-2011, 03:23 AM
So I bought a Mainland mahogany concert a few months ago as a
50th birthday treat for myself. I had read reviews and watched plenty videos, I liked the sound, even when played by people who weren't all that great. I'm wondering why I was disappointed with it and sold it a couple months later, when so many people really love their Mainlands?

I know that loving the sound of a particular uke is very subjective, but I felt that it was a little too dull sounding. I don't think it was the set-up as I ordered it direct from Mainland and I assume (maybe mistakenly) that it was set-up well. Maybe I had been used to the sound that my tenors made, and my spruce top is especially loud and bright, with no dullness? Maybe I was taken in by the (to me) beautiful look of Mainlands even before I bought my first starter uke? So, anyway, a guy on ebay got a good price for a nearly new Mainland, and I went back to my trusty KALA brand and got a solid mahogony concert that's deep sounding and loud and not dull. I'm wondering if anyone else had high expections for Mainlands but they didn't work out for you?

Sambient
08-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Quite the opposite for me. My Mainland outshines other things in my collection. Just this morning my husband commented while I was playing the Mainland "I think those two are your best sounding." The other one he meant was my Martin.
A week ago I was doing a quick show off of a few of my ukes to a friend who'd yet to be made savvy of Mainland. I handed it over for him to play. Wowed. And immediate price inquiry. Guess he wants one of his own.
My Mainland mahogany soprano is my uke I'd save first in a fire.

raecarter
08-06-2011, 03:49 AM
I actually had a solid mahogany kala concert then bought a mainland gloss tenor and I felt the opposite. So much so I sold the kala soon afterwards to buy a misi pick up for my mainland

UkePhilly
08-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Perhaps it was the particular strings? They can make a huge difference in the "brightness" of the sound.

roxhum
08-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Interesting responses and it makes you wonder. Maybe a lessor sounding one slipped by Mike and that is what you got. Strings do make a difference. I have personally had three Mainlands, all Mahogany, and loved them all. I sold my first because I had a friend that was over the top in love with it and I sold my soprano because it had geared tuners and I want to get one with friction. I am kicking myself for that sale. I found all of them to have a sweet and mellow sound.

Marcy325
08-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Strings were aquila which I have on my others.

guitarsnrotts
08-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Strings do make a big difference. I was ready to sell my Lanikai LSM-C solid mahogany concert because it sounded dull. It came with Nylguts. Decided to try different strings before taking the drastic step of putting it up for sale. Installed Worth medium clears. Big difference in a positive way and it's now a keeper. A $7 investment to avoid a big misstep.

strumsilly
08-06-2011, 04:36 AM
just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is sound. I had a Mainland and I thought it sounded fine . I had the top of the line Kala [solid koa soprano] and it really didn't sound all that much better than my dolphin . go figure.

roxhum
08-06-2011, 04:39 AM
I had Aquila on my soprano and I have tried several types of strings on my concert. The Kamaka strings dulled the concert but it still had a great mellow sound. Wouldn't you just love to be in a room with a bunch of ukes and people and have an assessment to hear what others thought about and how the opinions differed from one another. It guess it will have to remain a mystery. Have you spoken to who bought your Mainland? Do they like it? Maybe you are among many anti Mainland folk that just don't speak up because Mike and the Mainland brand is so well liked. I have only played Kala laminates so I have zero experience with that brand. I always ask others to play my ukes because the way they sound while I play them opposed to being on the other side of the uke while another is playing makes a world of difference IMHO.

Gmoney
08-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Strings were aquila which I have on my others.

That's the "go to" strings that many ukes come with including Moore Betttah customs. But, I really preferred something like the Martin 600's or Worth clears on my two tenor Mainlands that I had. Anyway... as you said, somebody else got a good deal on "the bay" & you got the sound you wanted from the other Kala. Win/win.

raecarter
08-06-2011, 04:49 AM
That's the "go to" strings that many ukes come with including Moore Betttah customs. But, I really preferred something like the Martin 600's or Worth clears on my two tenor Mainlands that I had. Anyway... as you said, somebody else got a good deal on "the bay" & you got the sound you wanted from the other Kala. Win/win.

I have worth clears on mine, aquilas are too bright I want some Guadalupe strings but cost a fortune to get them to the uk as I had to buy 5

Marcy325
08-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Interesting comments, everyone. Thanks, I'll keep reading.

iDavid
08-06-2011, 05:07 AM
I bought an all hog Mainland tenor and thought it was pretty good. It didn't have the volume of my KoAloha concert which seemed odd to me. Looking back I think it was a nice uke for the money. If I were to get another Mainland I would go for a concert, probably a spruce top.

cb56
08-06-2011, 06:33 AM
I agree with what was stated above. If I could only save one uke it would be my mainland Red Cedar tenor.
That being said, I spent over an hour at Mike's shop playing all the ukes there and IMO the mahogany ukes were my least favorite (but they still sounded good) My favorite obviously was the red cedar followed closely by the mango. The spruce hadn't come out yet at that time.
I also noticed subtle tone differences between ukes of the same model.
As far as setup goes, I'm sure Mike would have set up the uke any way you wanted. btw, I sold my Kala tenor after I got my Mainland. Nice uke but IMO didn't measure up to the Mainland

Leodhas
08-06-2011, 06:43 AM
mmm this post is confusing me, i'm after my first solid wood uke and was thinking about the mainland and as I live in Scotland I have to heavily rely on forums for information when buying a ukulele as we don't have an abundance of Music stores that stock a good range of ukes. I'd guess there isn't one shop in the whole of Scotland that stocks mainland ukes ( I nip over to Ireland quite a lot on weekends and I'm guessing there isn't one there either). There my be one In England but you get the idea, it's not ideal crossing boarders to check out ukes! Nevertheless, there still appears to be a lot of positive feedback here in relation to the mainland ukes.

rem50
08-06-2011, 06:46 AM
I was not a fan of the width of the necks myself but then I tried a pineapple and it is now on my UAS- "dar". Never thought of them as dull though.

didgeridoo2
08-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I had the opposite opinion when I visited Mainland. I preferred the mahogany to the red cedar and while I liked the mango, the sweetness of the mahogany concert won me over. Worth clears made it sound really good. Great value for what you get, IMO.

I agree with what was stated above. If I could only save one uke it would be my mainland Red Cedar tenor.
That being said, I spent over an hour at Mike's shop playing all the ukes there and IMO the mahogany ukes were my least favorite (but they still sounded good) My favorite obviously was the red cedar followed closely by the mango. The spruce hadn't come out yet at that time.
I also noticed subtle tone differences between ukes of the same model.
As far as setup goes, I'm sure Mike would have set up the uke any way you wanted. btw, I sold my Kala tenor after I got my Mainland. Nice uke but IMO didn't measure up to the Mainland

hibiscus
08-06-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm expecting my Mainland Mahogany Concert Tuesday, and I'm hoping for the BEST. I have heard many wonderful things about it. I'm hoping it's mellow~ I'll let you know.
Any other postive comments?? (for me:)

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-06-2011, 07:06 AM
That's the "go to" strings that many ukes come with including Moore Betttah customs.

I'm currently favoring Savarez Alliance KF or Worth Hard Clears (WSCH) over the Aquilas now.

roxhum
08-06-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm expecting my Mainland Mahogany Concert Tuesday, and I'm hoping for the BEST. I have heard many wonderful things about it. I'm hoping it's mellow~ I'll let you know.
Any other postive comments?? (for me:)

It will be mellow and sweet. Personally I would switch out the strings that it comes with to Worth clear, but either way you made a good choice. I would say 99.9% are happy with their Mainland purchase.

sbpark
08-06-2011, 08:34 AM
I bought an all hog Mainland tenor and fought it was pretty good. It didn't have the volume of my KoAloha concert which seemed odd to me. Looking back I think it was a nice uke for the money. If I were to get another Mainland I would go for a concert, probably a spruce top.

most ukes wont be as loud as a Koaloha. they are sort of known to be very loud and bright, and mahogany is pretty much known to be a pretty mellow sounding wood, and as a result will be quieter.

Teek
08-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm not an Aquilla hater but they are not the be all end all in strings. Several of my ukes came with them, only one of my ukes still wears them, but I will swap them for something else when it's time. Only one ever sounded better with Aquillas and that was a concert cedar CBU. Everything else, I get a lot more nuance, sustain and clarity with Worth clears or Southcoast Ukes strings. I also was going to move on a couple ukes and a string change also changed my mind.

I think they can be a plus for lower end laminates, but my cheaper Kala has Worth browns and sounds great. I wouldn't put them on a solid wood instrument. Even my Dolphin sounds super with Worths. One thing I do love is that a white string looks great on a lot of ukes, and I still have a couple of packs, but I know now that I won't have them on for a long time.

ItsAMeCasey
08-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess mainland just wasn't for you. I think this is actually the first time I've ever seen a complaint about them though haha!

sbpark
08-06-2011, 10:45 AM
My Ohana concert came with Aquilas and i hated the sound of that uke. At the time it was my first uke, and was disappointed at first. Just sounded 'eh' with the Aquilas. Afer lots of experimenting sith different strings I settled on the Worth brown mediums. They just seemed to match up really well with the solid magogany. Mellow, decent volume, great tone and note separation and sounded great when picked or strummed (and unlike the Aquilas they dont get all yucky sounding when hit hard) but they just go very well together. I really thought I had a dud on my hands until I started experimenting with different strings. I tried 5 different sets on this particular uke (martin, Ko-olau, aquila, Worth clear, Worth Brown) before deciding on the Worth brown mediums.

Marcy325
08-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Interesting posts all day on the subject. I guess I could have tried changing strings, but then again, it seems that some people in the thread love their Mainlands with no mention of changing strings. I think it ultimately goes down to preferance, and what sounds right to the owner. I also think it's important to not get "brand-washed." I know there are people out there who were disappointed in a uke despite what they've read, among a lot of brands, maybe even the high end ones. When that happens, it's time to sell it, give it, and try something else.

OldePhart
08-06-2011, 11:24 AM
There is certainly a bit of variation in the Mainland line - but there is even variation in much more expensive lines like KoAloha (having owned at least a couple of each I can vouch for that). However, I think the main problem is that you're comparing a spruce tenor to a mahogany concert! Tone is a very subjective thing but I find spruce very bright and punchy on a uke vs mahogany which, in comparison, can be quite subdued.

I also don't think anyone, including Mike, would claim that a $250 Mainland is going to outperform, say, a $600+ KoAloha. However, in my experience that $250 Mainland is going to outperform most other ukes that are in a similar price range. None of my Mainlands can touch my KoAlohas - but, none of them have been dogs, and all have been set up wonderfully. I can't say the same about the higher-end Kala and Lanikai ukes I've owned (and since freed myself from). My Mainland mango tenor is very sweet with complex tone - it sounds simlar to my KoAloha but with a little less volume and sustain. My Mainland red cedar tenor is quite loud and punchy - though honestly it's a little too guitar-like for my tastes. For me, my "main axe" (longneck soprano) nothing short of a "k-brand" would do but I will probably never buy a "k-brand" tenor because my Mainland mango is really good enough that I don't feel like I need something better. If I was playing tenor as much as I do longneck sopranos I might be yearning for a KoAloha tenor.

The bottom line is that there is certainly going to be a little variation in any ukes and the variation tends to be higher the lower the price bracket. That said, I think that, within the price bracket, it's awfully hard to beat a Mainland because they do a good job of weeding out problems and setting up what are basically factory ukes. That doesn't mean that you should expect "k-brand" performance from them - I think we'd all like to pay for a VW and get a Porsche, but it just doesn't happen in real life! But, there are a lot more people happily driving around in VWs than Porshes!

John

roxhum
08-06-2011, 11:49 AM
You know if someone carried on about how good a movie is or how good a book is invariable it gives me too high of expectations and the movie or book is not as good as I expected. Maybe that is what happened with you and the Mainland. That is what happened a little bit for me when I first played my Kamaka.

Marcy325
08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, John (Oldephart), but I was definately not comparing the Mainland mahogany to my spruce top. I knew that different woods sound different from one another. I was comparing the sound of the Mainland I got to the sound I was expecting for it based on what I'd heard. I hope other people are honest about ukes that just weren't right for them and as I said in an earlier post, not be "brand-washed."

(the) Indigo Getdown
08-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I've had my Mahogany Concert Mainland for about three months now and I love it. I'd just chalk it up to different folks prefering different stroke. I don't believe I've ever heard of any instrument being praised unanimously ;)

And I'm thinking that it's about time to change the strings, perhaps I'll grab a pack of Worths. I like the Aquilas just fine, but never hurts to experiment with the strings a little.

rasputinsghost
08-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm currently favoring Savarez Alliance KF or Worth Hard Clears (WSCH) over the Aquilas now.

Those are my favorite strings. Thanks for justifying my string obsession, I mean collection

haolejohn
08-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I have owned three mainlands and still own one. The tenor i owned (mahog) and the mahog concert i owned were just average. I fell in love with my red cedar one and every red cedar one I played, I loved. mahogs are good but not my favorite.

Chris Tarman
08-06-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a mahogany soprano with Mi-Si pickup and a red cedar pineapple soprano. I love them both. The only ukes I've owned that I like better are my two vintage Martins and my Kiwaya KTS-7. For the money, I don't think you can beat Mainland. And I can personally vouch for their outstanding customer service.

didgeridoo2
08-06-2011, 09:09 PM
What do you mean by brain washed? I believe people on here have a lot of experience playing all sorts of ukes and they will be honest about them when assessing them.
k
Thanks for your thoughts, John (Oldephart), but I was definately not comparing the Mainland mahogany to my spruce top. I knew that different woods sound different from one another. I was comparing the sound of the Mainland I got to the sound I was expecting for it based on what I'd heard. I hope other people are honest about ukes that just weren't right for them and as I said in an earlier post, not be "brand-washed."

localmana
08-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I first got an Ohana CK 50G and it sounded great with a low G. I then purchased a Mainland with the same rosewood/cedar combination, put on a low G (also Aquillas) and it sounded tinny in comparison. Finally sold it. I noticed the Mainland had a bit more bracing than the Ohana, hence the louder sound with the Ohana.
Alan

ichadwick
08-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Two Mainlands: red cedar and mango tenors. Cedar top is the loudest, has the most sustain of any uke I've owned. Clear, crisp, ringing sound with great depth. Mango is quite different. It has a thinner sound, and to my ears sounds like a soprano - not the same complexity as the cedar. Good or bad? Neither - that sound would probably suit many players who like the soprano sound. I've drifted more to baritones over the past year, and away from that entirely, so it's not the sound I prefer. But that's simply personal taste for a particular tonal range I prefer. Both are very pretty, well made and have good action.

I'd buy a Mainland baritone red cedar without hesitation (in fact, it's being seriously contemplated...).

kissing
08-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I don't think it has been mentioned yet that some solid-wood ukuleles need time to "open up".
Yes, it's that old story, but one that I found to be apparently true in some ukes.

The theory is that with continuous playing, the vibrations on the solid wood soundboard become modified to carry the vibrations better, causing a "maturing" of sound, like how fine wine matures over time.

Perhaps the Mainland had not opened up to its full potential, being quite new.

RichM
08-07-2011, 06:07 AM
I was comparing the sound of the Mainland I got to the sound I was expecting for it based on what I'd heard.

I think that speaks volumes to the reason you were disappointed.

I hope other people are honest about ukes that just weren't right for them and as I said in an earlier post, not be "brand-washed."

I presume you are being honest about your disappoinment with your uke, and I respect that. You may also want to assume that when other people are pleased with the same uke, they are also being honest. Being pleased with a musical instrument is not a universal truth. If you're displeased with one brand, move on to another.

mcwhitlow
08-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I don't think it has been mentioned yet that some solid-wood ukuleles need time to "open up".
Yes, it's that old story, but one that I found to be apparently true in some ukes.

The theory is that with continuous playing, the vibrations on the solid wood soundboard become modified to carry the vibrations better, causing a "maturing" of sound, like how fine wine matures over time.

Perhaps the Mainland had not opened up to its full potential, being quite new.

My mahog concert when through an opening up phase. I wouldn't say that I was disappointed at first, but the sound definitely improved over a period of a couple months of playing. I tried worth clears on it, and then went back to aquillas.

raecarter
08-07-2011, 07:50 AM
mmm this post is confusing me, i'm after my first solid wood uke and was thinking about the mainland and as I live in Scotland I have to heavily rely on forums for information when buying a ukulele as we don't have an abundance of Music stores that stock a good range of ukes. I'd guess there isn't one shop in the whole of Scotland that stocks mainland ukes ( I nip over to Ireland quite a lot on weekends and I'm guessing there isn't one there either). There my be one In England but you get the idea, it's not ideal crossing boarders to check out ukes! Nevertheless, there still appears to be a lot of positive feedback here in relation to the mainland ukes.

I'm in England mate the only supplier is eagle music for another uke not of mainland origin I recommend southernukulelestore

knadles
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
It's important to understand that a musical instrument...especially something made of wood or skin...is a unique item. Two instruments made side by side out of the same log will still likely have unique voices. Expand that concept out to different woods, different designs, different brands and manufacturing approaches, and you begin to see why choosing an instrument is not at all like purchasing a computer or an automobile.

The Mainland may have been fine, just not for you. A different Mainland might have been better. Or maybe it's a LoPrinzi or a Mele or a Kelli'i that has your name on it. That's why we have so many different choices! ;)

Pete

Pukulele Pete
08-10-2011, 01:59 AM
When I first got my Kiwaya I was very disappointed. I changed the strings and " voila " , now I love it.

Mouthy1
08-10-2011, 06:13 AM
I have bought more than my share of ukes and some of your share as well. I was disappointed in all mainlands until I gave them time to open up. My cnocert is amazing now but I was so disappointed that I just kinda let it sit. I would strum it now and then and after about 3 months, it completely changed into a real sweetheart. I think you sold it before it opened up. Total 180 degree change after 2-3 months for me.

bazmaz
08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Mainlands do open up, but most dramatic improvement on my Concert was fitting Martin flouros - it really chimes now.

Never found it to be dull though.

austin1
08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
did you go to Mainland with your concerns? I ask only because this is the second thread to complain about a company without (I'm assuming here) going to the company first. And that should be the first step, ALWAYS.

Mainland Mike is around here somewhere. I have played his instruments, and only found them beautiful, and I have personally given him a hug. He's a wonderful, wonderful guy. He gives great hugs. If you were disappointed, you should have gone to him. You didn't say whether you did or not, but from the sounds of it, I'm assuming you didn't.

UncleElvis
08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
did you go to Mainland with your concerns? I ask only because this is the second thread to complain about a company without (I'm assuming here) going to the company first. And that should be the first step, ALWAYS.

Mainland Mike is around here somewhere. I have played his instruments, and only found them beautiful, and I have personally given him a hug. He's a wonderful, wonderful guy. He gives great hugs. If you were disappointed, you should have gone to him. You didn't say whether you did or not, but from the sounds of it, I'm assuming you didn't.

And, at the very least, you would have received one of the best hugs ever!

I have to back what Tina said. I love Mike and I'd bet that if you contacted him and said "This isn't kinda what I thought it'd be", he'd work with you to find the perfect instrument for you.

byjimini
08-10-2011, 08:13 AM
The only thing I don't like about the Mainland is that I've sold every uke I owned before or after buying it, because I just get anything to compare.

hoosierhiver
08-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Here's a link to our warranty.
http://www.mainlandukuleles.com/warranty.html
Anyone who buys a ukulele from Mainland directly and is not satisfied is welcome to return their uke (in new condition) within 2 weeks for a full refund.
No explanation necessary.

bazmaz
08-10-2011, 08:54 AM
And you can't say fairer than that!!

Dan Uke
08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Great warranty Mike!!!

Not to be contrarian, if you can't voice positive and negative opinions on forums, etc. where can you voice them? We all want honest opinions and nobody has 100% approval ratings. For example, I saw a horrible movie, I'm gonna go to Rotten Tomatoes and if I don't like the food, I will go to Yelp or somewhere else. That's why blogs, twitter are blowing up because people want to know what other people think.

If it's defective, then the manufacturer should be contacted FIRST. In this case, it's more of a not loving Mainland Ukes as much as most people. With this being said, Mainland has a strong following and very good reputation. I'm glad to see that people are defending the company.

What might be a good idea is to put some of these opinions for specific ukes in Ukulele Reviews. I know people like to put it in Uke Talk as it'll solicit more response. I believe everyone has a right to an opinion and just remember, if it's different than mine, it's wrong!! :D

crowsby
08-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Coming from guitar, I was surprised to find how much choice of strings affects a ukulele's tone. I've got a Mainland mahogany, and so far, I've tried Worth Clears, Aquilas, and Martin 600s on it. They all sound good, but very different. Fluoros seem to impart a more classical guitar-like, maybe harpish tone, but I prefer the Aquilas because they sound a bit more brash and sassy if you hit them right.

It is pretty quiet though; even my solid mahogany Ohana soprano seems to have significantly more volume when strummed at about the same intensity. But I'm absolutely satisfied with the tone and playability.

pdxuke
08-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Hello Friends:

I think this a healthy thread, and a civil one.

I'd like to offer that in the world of musical instruments, many things can be true at the same time, i.e.;

It can be true that a Mainland is a fine instrument
It can be true that Mike is a great guy
It can be true that you do not prefer a Mainland

All of these things can be true at once. I have owned, I think, three Mainland ukes. All of the above were true for me, but please note that because I did not prefer them, that does not mean they are anything less than a fine instrument and Mike is anything less than a fine guy! :-) And BTW, I DO prefer my Mainland Banjo Uke over the Firefly. But that does not mean the Firefly is not a fine instrument.

In my case, in this price range, I prefer Ohanas. They just suit me.

So I'm not sure that one should really think of the original post as a "complaint" against Mainland. I think of it as a preference. I think that's fair, and Mike's warranty shows that he thinks it's fair too.

Kind regards--

Rob Bennett
02-04-2015, 11:41 PM
That's really interesting....I want to hear the difference between a mainland soprano and a martin..sk1?.....wouldyou know if there is a comparison video anywhere

mm stan
02-05-2015, 02:40 AM
dont know about the new martins but I do like my mainland limited edition with aquilas on them not dull at all...

mikelz777
02-05-2015, 03:46 AM
I can't speak directly about Mainland ukes because I've never had the privilege of playing one but I can speak about the importance of finding the right string for the instrument because it does make a world of difference.

Someone brought up the term "brainwashed" with respect to accepting something automatically because you hear so many people praising it all the time. I think that I was "brainwashed" with respect to Aquila ukulele strings. (Which, if I'm not mistaken, come on all Mainland ukes.) When I heard so many people singing the praises of Aquila strings I was made to think that they were the "go to" string which would sound good on most any uke so I bought a couple sets when I bought my uke. My first uke was a laminate Lanikai which came with Aquila strings. I was disappointed in the sound and thought that the uke sounded dull and muddy. Knowing the love and praises people gave the strings, I blamed the uke. Then, by chance, I was given a free set of Oasis strings and put them on the Lanikai. What a difference!! It sounded like a different ukulele!! Fast forward a couple of years and I bought a solid wood Ohana uke which came with Aquila strings. After the new uke buzz wore off a bit, I found I was disappointed with the sound of the Ohana as well because I thought it sounded dull and muddy. I took the Aquila strings off and replaced them with some Martin strings and it made a huge difference!

I think that we all respond to music and sound differently. For example, some people might like and respond to darker or bass sounds while others might prefer and respond to brighter or more treble sounds. I've tried 5 different kinds of strings on my ukuleles and when I compare the strings I really like and respond to to those I don't like, I find I respond to and like the feel and sound of a lighter gauge string. I don't like Aquilas or their sound on my ukes but I do really like Martins and Oasis strings. The difference in sound was the difference in liking and not liking the uke. Unfortunately, I think you may have been a bit premature in selling your Mainland before having tried different brands of strings on it. It's possible that a change in strings would have made a big difference in your opinion.

mikelz777
02-05-2015, 04:21 AM
Ha! I didn't even notice the date and just jumped on board with the conversation. It doesn't look like Marcy has posted anything here since September, 2011 and her last activity here was in 2012.

coolkayaker1
02-05-2015, 04:28 AM
Am I the only one who read this thread and saw all those familiar names--didgeredoo, roxhum, mouthy1, oldpharte, hibiscus, etc.--and was thrilled that all the great members of the past are back--only to then discover that this thread is from 2011!?

Hippie Dribble
02-05-2015, 04:33 AM
Am I the only one who read this thread and saw all those familiar names--didgeredoo, roxhum, mouthy1, oldpharte, hibiscus, etc.--and was thrilled that all the great members of the past are back--only to then discover that this thread is from 2011!?

no. three of them were close confidantes to me too brother. miss em bigtime. makes you think...