one day then no uke for me

raecarter

Reaction score
I'm very nervous about my operation now and a bit depressed really. I feel bad as effectively I've ruined my families summer holidays as I won't be able to drive and my wife doesn't so I feel they will suffer while my shoulder is immobilized

It'll be OK. This is not about right now. This is about the long-term. You've described your shoulder problem, and it sounds like you will be in a lot better shape afterwards.

The ukes will wait for you. They are very patient.

As far as your vacation, growing up, my family was too poor to do much of anything except for every few years. I turned out (mostly) OK.;)

Stay strong.

Yer Luvin',
-Troy

Please don't feel bad, I'm sure your family understand that it isn't your fault (anyway, holiday by train perhaps???) Just look after yourself, and good luck with the op.

Thank you everyone. Bit sad really I just felt like reading some well wishes. I know I need it but stupidly I've read up and it appears to be painful for a while. To make things worse I was playing pompulele festival in portsmouth and had to cancel and my town has a music festival and I would have been on the same day as t Rex

Good luck, Rae. It's only a small consolation, but imagine how great you will feel when you pick up your favorite uke and play it for the first time in awhile. As you're recovering, start thinking about the first song you'll play. There's nothing like good imagination to get us through the tough times!

Chin up old fruit. Kids are very resilient, and very imaginative. Think sideways, make every thing into a game. I love trains!

... and my town has a music festival and I would have been on the same day as t Rex
Forget the Uke for a while and don another hat- T Rex needs a singer!
OK- in all seriousness, it will mend faster than you think esp. if you stick with your therapy, and you will be right as rain, if not better than before in no time.
I worked with a professor in college who had a bum hip, and we spent every day at the beach for his classes. He got his hip replaced and one day he showed up at the coast while I was doing his lab section with the biggest smile I have ever seen.
"Dave- look what I can do"
He flung his shoes off and RAN until none of us could see him anymore. Said it had been since his late 20's since he'd done that.
Always a sunny side.

Forget the Uke for a while and don another hat- T Rex needs a singer!
OK- in all seriousness, it will mend faster than you think esp. if you stick with your therapy, and you will be right as rain, if not better than before in no time.
I worked with a professor in college who had a bum hip, and we spent every day at the beach for his classes. He got his hip replaced and one day he showed up at the coast while I was doing his lab section with the biggest smile I have ever seen.
"Dave- look what I can do"
He flung his shoes off and RAN until none of us could see him anymore. Said it had been since his late 20's since he'd done that.
Always a sunny side.

Great thanks. Thanks to everyone. I'm off to work now I'm on nights then that's it

Surgery sucks, but think of it as an opportunity to play the ukulele pain-free down the road. Good luck! If you don't think it'll be too emotionally painful, you could watch Jake Shimabukuro videos for pointers on technique.

Good Luck Rae! It's for the greater good, soon you'll be able to play again and won't have to worry about the problems happening!

Good luck, Rae. Thinking back about how much you needed and wanted this surgery, now that it's here, it's time to think about the relief it will bring and know that you'll have much to look forward to when you resume playing your uke.
When you have post op pain remember the pain you've experience already - the big difference being this is healing pain.

I've been there, Rae, several times. It will be worth it. I'll be thinking about you, hoping you will heal very quickly.

Good luck with the surgery and get well real soon!

Hi everyone just got in from my last shift I'm off to bed now. add that is very true. Thanks everyone for your help and advice

Top Bottom