Me and my REAL pride and joy...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just a share..

This is me and my baby today working in the shop. My baby is an awesome guitarist, and now wants to be a Luthier someday. She already is a guitar tech at a local guitar shop (un-official of course due to her age). She has taken the torch I passed to her several years ago, and has been playing almost half her life already (going on 6 years now, might be 7, dunno)). I can't play anymore due to arthritis, but, I do play through my baby. I love hearing her music. She is always out with me in the shop working on my uke and guitar projects. Shes a huge help. I want to send her to Luthier school in a year or two when I can afford to. I know she will love it. She already loves working with the instruments, and tools, and learning them from the inside out. I'm proud of my baby. The Beauty and the Beast.. ;)

08062011a.jpg

Last edited:
Such a nice picture and so glad she has the same passion you have :D

She does... How can someone as ugly as I am end up with a hottie, that can produce future hotties take offense to that? It's a pride thang.. hahhah...

She must get her good looks from her mother. No offense. :p

:stop: That was just SO cruel and untrue,......

.............we all know it was the milkman! :smileybounce:

Seriously, you're gonna have your hands full in a few years. :uhoh:

Keep her in the workshop,......

.....until she's FORTY!

Last edited:
:stop: That was just SO cruel and untrue,......

.............we all know it was the milkman! :smileybounce:

Seriously, you're gonna have your hands full in a few years. :uhoh:

Keep her in the workshop,......

.....until she's FORTY!

lol... Got my hands full now (with my 9mm) keeping the hound dogs at bay.. Why do you think I keep her so busy and preoccupied with other stuff? Shes a great kid tho. Yeah, she can get an attitude sometimes and her girly teenie bopper thing shows every so often, but even she makes fun of that. She is tough with the boys and wont let them get to close tho. I was called to the school last year because she was in the office for knocking the living &$*&@# out of a boy that touched her boob, and made a crude comment to her, hahhah.. After I showed up and told them that I condon and support her actions when someone crosses the line, they agreed and got after the boy. lol.. Mission accomplished.. Lot of the jerk boys are scared of her, lol.. Just the way I like it. Shes little, but firey as hell.. ;)

Yep,....gotta defend the brood, .......by whatever means necessary!

Back around 1975 or so, i had met my wife to be and for 2 years everywhere we went her brother came along as a
chaperone! :wallbash:

....we were married "pure"! :cheers:

Last edited:
Yep,....gotta defend the brood, .......by whatever means necessary!

Back around 1975 or so, i had met my wife to be and for 2 years everywhere we went her brother came along as a
chaperone! :wallbash:

....we were married "pure"! :cheers:
A PITA, but not a bad thing.. My daughter has pledged to her mother and I, and God himself her "purity" is for her husband ONLY. It is very sacred to her and she guards it with all... (and so do I, and her 3 very large brothers, hahhah)

She's a cutie all right and she has your eyes.

You must be very proud,and rightly so! I have two (grown up)
sons and neither followed their old Dad into the guitar thing!
One is fair drummer,although he has never owned a kit,just played
on friends gear;the other is a pretty good keyboard player,a thing
that escapes me! I can fake a few chords on keyboard but it never
really 'grabbed me' if you know what I mean?
Its great to encourage the youngsters to 'do their own thing' and
if one of those things happens to be an interest of yours,thats a
double bonus I guess!

Is there something wrong with me that I expected this thread to be about a uke being your pride and job. I should appreciate people more.

But thanks for sharing the picture :)

Top Bottom