Live Barnkickers video (U-Bass content)

bassfiddlesteve

Reaction score
Here's a video of Amanda and I performing for the Southeast Ukers in Marietta, GA. I'm playing my Kala U-Bass intead of my usual upright bass and I think it sounded pretty good, although it may be hard to hear in this video if you have smaller speakers.

- Steve

The U-bass totally does the job, but I miss the dog house- something about seeing one on a stage makes me think music is about to happen, not that this was not it.

The U-bass totally does the job, but I miss the dog house

I hear you! :) The U-Bass works well but it's still a compromise. Luckily we were able to borrow an upright bass at the NAMM show last month and we'll have one for our set at the upcoming Milwaukee Uke Fest.

- Steve

At last month's summer NAMM show I was supposed to play a bass ukulele that Donna LoPrinzi built, but there was a problem with the pickup so I used the Kala bass for the first set. It attacted a lot of attention...for Kala which is not why we were there, so I was very pleased when Lemur Music let me borrow one of their upright basses for the rest of the show. Donna was pleased too :)

- Steve

Top Bottom