Close to You - Panga Bay Version

OLARN

Reaction score
This version of Close to You, I did when I got my new microphone, Apogee One, and recorded it through Garage Band. I love to sound quality from this new microphone. At that time I didn't video though, so I put my photos as slide show instead. Hope you all enjoy the scenery of Panga Bay in Thailand.
BTW, I used Kamaka Custom tenor for this song.:cool:

Beautiful playing, as always, and the new microphone sounds wonderful.... really nice recording. The slideshow is excellent, as well....very enjoyable, really suits the music. Great post....

Sounds great Olarn!

I played this song at our little luau gig today.

Thank you for your comments. :)

One thing, anytime I cover Jake Shimabukuro's song I'll get this message from YouTube. And this happens only for Jake's songs.

Dear olarn2000,

Your video, Close to You Panga Bay, may have content that is owned or licensed by Warner Chappell.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

I enjoyed both the performance and the pictures very much; thank you for sharing both talents. :)

One thing, anytime I cover Jake Shimabukuro's song I'll get this message from YouTube. And this happens only for Jake's songs.

Dear olarn2000,

Your video, Close to You Panga Bay, may have content that is owned or licensed by Warner Chappell.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team
I don't know what Warner Chappell's interest in this video might be; probably they own or license the rights to Jake's performances or compositions. But they have no interest in "Close to You," composed by Burt Bacharach (whose publisher is New Hidden Valley Music Co.) and Hal David (whose publisher is Casa David). And Jake isn't performing in your video, so it appears to me to be none of Warner Chappell's business.

I suspect that "The YouTube Team" (actually an automated script) sends out the notice you received whenever the text "Shimabukuro" appears in the Uploader's Comments or the Tags.

Top Bottom