Tired of the Heat

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
Are you all as tired as the heat as me? Playing outside is more like an endurance test than a musical experience. We went out and played a gig yesterday and by the time we got the sound set up it was time for a new shirt, then after set 1 another new shirt, set 2 new shirt and hat, tear down new shirt. Brain cookin, can't remember words, fingers stickin to the strings, sweat burning your eyes. I can't wait for the fall!!!

It's been too hot in St Louis to do anything period. Staying locked up in air conditioning gets all so tiring. Looking forward to Fall myself.

Its been miserable in the Chicago area also. I don't know which is worse--the heat/humidity or the damned mosquitoes. I've got at least a couple dozen bites on me and I haven't even spent much time outside lately!!

I guess I should stop complaining about coastal overcast, but oh how I miss sunny warm summers... You can keep your hot but 75 to 85 degree sunny days would be a dream come true.

South Louisiana = 100 degree weather lately + 95% humidity.

To top it off, AC went out today. Wife sleeping at the neighbors empty house (w/ dog) - 90 degrees inside here now (@ 9:30 PM). Got ceiling fans and french doors in the bedroom. Should get down to the upper 70's tonight (by about 4 AM).

Don't work in AC during the days, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Definitely ready for this heat to taper off a bit. It's 9:38pm here and still over 100 degrees.

My electric bill last month was almost exactly $100 more than my usual summer bill - I don't even want to think about what the bill for this month is going to look like.

John

Even a slight drop in temperature helps a little, but humidity was 100 percent on Friday morning in Columbus. I was working on the latest issue of Ukulele Player all weekend long, so I didn't even leave the house. Didn't see much sunlight, either. In fact, I finished a little before a severe thunderstorm chased me off the computer.

Definitely ready for this heat to taper off a bit. It's 9:38pm here and still over 100 degrees.

My electric bill last month was almost exactly $100 more than my usual summer bill - I don't even want to think about what the bill for this month is going to look like.

John

We are going to set the DFW record for consecutive days over 100, and I am not excited one bit about it. That, and I work with furnaces.

I totally agree, this heat is getting ridiculous! I whine every summer though and winter too, my lungs don't like the extremes, either too hot or too cold and I can't breathe, just thankful my house and my dad's (where I am right now) are both cooler than outside because they have hardwood floors, not just for my dust mite allergy, to keep cool too! Though it doesn't help in the cold winter though :/

I guess I'm just a moaner! Time to cheer myself up and get on with Ukulele playing!

Let me be the weirdo and say that I love the heat. I absolutely hate cold weather. I live in Chicagoland, and we've had days peaking at 100 degrees. Even though I sweat like a pig, I'll take this over fall or winter any day. Of course though, when I gig, it isn't outdoors though, so far...

Dan

This morning it was so hot , I saw a robin catching worms with an oven mitt.

Can't believe the summer we're having...usually most of Jun, July and August are in the 100's, but we have been hovering in the eighties for most of it.
We will pay this winter.

Shaddunk! (That was my rim shot, and now you know why I'm not a drummer.)

It's been so long since it rained, the trees are fighting over the dog.

It's so hot today..the National Weather Service has issued a fat guy in tank top warning....

Top Bottom