Hurry up, Ohana!

byjimini

Reaction score
I've been wanting my TK-75CG since May, and the shop still say it's not arrived yet.

I'm losing sleep over it! Argh.

*strums his Mainland quietly in the corner*

It'll be worth the wait, I have the concert version and it is a lush uke! They are fairly rare so they may be waiting for a small production run.

I rang the shop earlier hoping they'd say "oh yeah, it's come in!" so I could drive to Huddersfield and collect it, but they're still waiting. :(

I can't understand why Uke manufacturers don't provide a "scheduled ship date” to distributors/dealers once an order for Ukes is received and booked into their system. I'm sure they have a production schedule that could be used for such a purpose. They know their average manufacturing cycles, backlog, etc. It's not like they wait for each individual order to start ordering the materials needed for manufacturing. They have to base their financials on projections/forecasts. Perhaps it's not just the manufacturers (?), but every step in the supply chain should have the information.

Well, thinking about it, there is a way these manufacturers could stay in business. Perhaps they have more business than they want? In that case the only thing that would change the situation would be for the consumers to stop ordering the products which would cause the dealers/distributors to stop ordering their products until they start providing the services that they should be providing already!

So, in summary, I guess we the consumers will continue ordering the products, wait patiently until someone calls and tells us that the product can be picked-up...

I can't understand why Uke manufacturers don't provide a "scheduled ship date” to distributors/dealers once an order for Ukes is received and booked into their system. I'm sure they have a production schedule that could be used for such a purpose. They know their average manufacturing cycles, backlog, etc. It's not like they wait for each individual order to start ordering the materials needed for manufacturing. They have to base their financials on projections/forecasts. Perhaps it's not just the manufacturers (?), but every step in the supply chain should have the information.

There are several factors that make it unpredictable. The first being the factories never get you your product when they are supposed to. Now especially, factories will try to take on a new customer and sometimes bump the existing orders back in the line in an effort to please the new guy. Secondly, shipping and freight is never precise, in the months prior to the holiday season ,there simply isn't enough boats or planes to carry all the imports on schedule. Then there is export and import customs, you are at their mercy.

Yeah I'm certainly patient, just impatient at the same time! :D

They said it would be late July, possibly early August, and we're now into the second week of August, so I was getting itchy feet thinking they'd forgotten about me!

Well, thinking about it, there is a way these manufacturers could stay in business. Perhaps they have more business than they want? In that case the only thing that would change the situation would be for the consumers to stop ordering the products which would cause the dealers/distributors to stop ordering their products until they start providing the services that they should be providing already!

LOL, that's when they start farming out the work to countries with very liberal labor ethics. :p

maybe you can ask for your money back or buy another model from another brand with prompt delivery. You have some options?

I contacted Ohana, said I'd kill for one, concert or tenor, with 6 strings

I ordered a Ohana TK 50G in March or so. Told it'll come in in May.....didn't come in. Then, was told it would be in late
summer. I can relate. Fortunately, I've got other ukes to keep me busy. But really.........
Alan

http://www.ohana-music.com/europe-dealers.html#_grbr

Have a ring around. I have the Ohana SK35G Soprano in shipping, should arrive later today (its 2am, night shift). I couldn't get this model in stock anywhere. So i used Ohana's dealer list from their site and found one at -> http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/. I rang the shop despite the site saying 'in stock' i asked if it was actually in stock and the sales man said, "yes according to our computer it is in stock" I said "can you double check?" He then put me on hold and brought it to the phone and played it :D. I ordered it there and then. Of course when something is difficult to get a hold of you want it more.

Byjimini, what's the latest status?

Cancelled. Eagle Music hadn't heard from Ohana, and I'd heard that shops in the US weren't expecting it until mid-September.

I'm doing a little recording at a radio station next week and have a gig in a month, so I needed it now. I've got a tenor koa coming from Taiwan and a Sceptre from SouthernUkeStore, eventually I'll order a maple & spruce from Rick Turner.

Cancelled. Eagle Music hadn't heard from Ohana, and I'd heard that shops in the US weren't expecting it until mid-September.

I'm doing a little recording at a radio station next week and have a gig in a month, so I needed it now. I've got a tenor koa coming from Taiwan and a Sceptre from SouthernUkeStore, eventually I'll order a maple & spruce from Rick Turner.

Sorry about having to go through all that. However, sounds to me you will end-up in much better shape in the end! Hope your gigs go well.

I'm pretty much sold on Ohana products. I own three; a SK-21, CPK-20R, and a SK-70 MG. All three really sing and all are a pleasure to play. I think your wait is worth it. Hang in there.

Top Bottom