Just bought new Isander Uke by Kanilea

Mouthy1

Reaction score
Okay, Hawaiian Music Supply had such a cheap price ($109 shipped) for the new Concert sized Islander that I couldn't resist adding the 13th uke into my mix. I will see about a review when I get it. If I love it, I will sell it off and buy the solid wood version(s). Anyway, looks good, had bridge pins, the HMS dude said I would not be disappointed and so I pulled the trigger(not a tuff call for $109 honestly but I didn't want another cheap uke after getting my Kanilea concert and Tenor). Anyway, they say 3-6 days so will post update.

Here is a link, I got the MC-4
http://www.theukulelesite.com/category/shopybybrand/islander

Last edited:
I placed the exact same order from HMS over the weekend.

Figured it was worth the risk for $109. May end up in my car for stop lights and waiting periods but I must admit, Kanilea makes such amazing ukes, they could have made a winner here? Sure hope so and then I get all the solid woods next!!!

I already have a Flea as a knock around but I have been craving a solid mahogany soprano and could not resist the Islander MSS-4. I'm really hoping that the neck is as thick as the one on my Kanilea K1T as I have pretty big hands. Sounds like HMS had a pretty good weekend.

I was gone all weekend in Wenatchee. I haven't even called yet...I am very ashamed. I will try but I saw a few folks called and asked about shipping so may be gone. I am being a little conservative for some reason right now? Not sure why? My heart belongs to the Kanilea's honestly.

I was gone all weekend in Wenatchee.
Next time you're in Wenatchee, pick up a Black Bear ukulele--you won't be sorry!

I have thought about it actually. We are building a getaway over by Cle Elum and it would be great to swing on over to Yakima and have a little jam session. Sounds like the Black Bear contigent is pretty strong!

Top Bottom