PDA

View Full Version : First video - Original song, new Q3HD, Blackbird Uke

garywj
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDr2s2_naS4

I mistakenly posted this in the video discussion section. I have a new appreciation for the videos being made here. I opened window shades for more light, put on an Hawaiian shirt and got out my straw hat and let it roll. I'm still having trouble getting the MPEG-4 files into Final Cut, so used iMovie. It was fun.

OldePhart
08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Lotsa fun - enjoyed that. You did a real good job with the lighting, too.

garywj
08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the input. I was able to get front and side lighting from some windows about 10 ft away. This was taken inside of my 40ft 5th wheel - so it's not like there are lots of places to go :-) I'm in the corner of the "living room" with my back to the kitchen counter. I tried to cover up the sink with the flowers. My other "location" will be outside.

freackykit
08-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Absolutely loved it! Gave me that happy feeling and loved the tempo and melody..!

I'm not an Apple man myself but a mate of mine bought Final Cut we didn't find it as intuitive as it appeared when the guy showed it to us in the store so I sympathise!!!

To be honest he uses Imovie for most of his stuff now...Not given up on Final Cut but it is used when he has time for a dabble for a few hours to find his way around...Not to post a vid at the mojment!

Thanks for sharing,

Chris

TCK
08-09-2011, 05:49 AM
I use Premier, and if I film with my flip, I have to convert MP4 with quicktime pro before I can import. A bit of a pain for sure. BUt enough of that techie junk, you did a great job here, and you brought an original tune for the first outing- well done!

Jnobianchi
08-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Nice job, Gary! And bravo on the song!! Very impressive for any outing, let alone your first.

garywj
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Absolutely loved it! Gave me that happy feeling and loved the tempo and melody..!

I'm not an Apple man myself but a mate of mine bought Final Cut we didn't find it as intuitive as it appeared when the guy showed it to us in the store so I sympathise!!!

To be honest he uses Imovie for most of his stuff now...Not given up on Final Cut but it is used when he has time for a dabble for a few hours to find his way around...Not to post a vid at the mojment!

Thanks for sharing,

Chris

I've used Final Cut for some time and like it. The problem is that it does not like MPEG4 files. I have a newer version of iMovie coming and will see how it works. I will probably find a file converter and work in Final Cut because it allows me do do a lot more with the video.