Bizarre Instrument Triangle...multi-tracks are hard.

TCK

Reaction score
Probably because I am old...anyway, lots of reasons to make a video today, none of which include the screeching Starlings.
New Uke- May Bell Model 20 (thanks Jnobianchi)
Beautiful day
What else do I have to do in the summer?
JAW HARP!
Mind melting melodica solo.
In any event, this is ROUGH, but it was fun to make.
CHose the song because it was recently the 20th reunion of me getting out of High School (and staying out of any "institutions") and while I despised most of the people and events in High School...I am still nostalgic.

Great first attempt. You should be proud of yourself. I enjoyed it. Very mellow. Where's the ACCORDION? I was expecting the Missus on the uke and you on the accordion.

Nice one, Dave! That one takes me back.... actually have the 12in single of that one about 10 feet from where I now sit....one of the early fingerpicking songs I learned on the guitar, as well, trying to cover the cover by Frente! when I was in college.....

I dig the video - nice editing, good visuals and the recording sounds good. I like the birds.... looks like a nice place to sit back, strum a tune, and drink a beer. Bonus points for mouth harp, as well..... I think your multitrack sounded great - everyone got to the station on time and it was a pleasant trip.....

Well shoot- if it past muster for you (your multi's are incredible) I guess I did all right Mr. Skidoo...you are more than welcome to join me and the Starlings for strums and suds anytime. Thanks for the props

nice job!

I know how tediious vid editing can be.

great choice of songs too, I just heard that one the other day :cool:

Aloha TCK!
Great Job! Now I'm feeling a little nostalgic myself.

Mason671

Awesome Daddy-O, I thought it was great. Very nice playing (all instruments) and singing. Please tell of the software, recorder, etc... I'll have to take your word on the difficulty cuz you made it look easy. More!!!
Don

Right Don, it was a long haul on that one. I had bought a FLIP for home as I use them in my classroom all the time and love them, but I had a dinner party and when my buddy (who has never used anything but a disposable camera) grabbed it to film his 2 year old- I handed it to him. Scratch easy.
So- out came the laptops, I say "laptopS" because they get hot pretty quick outside. Mine is a 17" Dell and my wife has a Dell Netbook- I did half of the video on them, and the Jaw harp was recorded using an OLD Logitech web cam and a Logitech Microphone on my desktop. Basically what I use for Skype, and they really are junk (sigh).
Then on to editing. I used two pieces of software for that- Adobe Premier Elements and Windows Movie Maker. Premier makes it really easy to do multiple track editing and Windows Movie maker is easier to edit a single track (final editing). Of course, free stuff does not always do what you want it too.
For the audio, especially boosting the Jaw Harp, I use Audacity, and this program can do anything I would ever need it to do- I used it a lot for my Podcast so I got really familiar with it.
Thanks for watching and the kind words Don-
Cheers

Awesome Daddy-O, I thought it was great. Very nice playing (all instruments) and singing. Please tell of the software, recorder, etc... I'll have to take your word on the difficulty cuz you made it look easy. More!!!
Don

Great job with everything. I agree video editing can sometimes be time consuming and even frustrating at times. But after all the work, look at the great video you have to show for it!

Nicely done! One of my favorite bands of all time right there (new order not frente!). One of these days I'll get a new computer and try doing the multi-track video thingy...

I liked your video, but...

Don't recognize the song at all. Maybe I'm just Too Old??

I didn't go to My 20th HS anniversary either - of course, that was in 1995....

BTW - great job not hitting your teeth while playing the jaw harp. (Not that I'd know a thing about that...)

..........-Kurt

Thanks for the props all...I really appreciate it.
@ Eric, nice to see another New Order fan out there...have no idea why this popped into my head.
@ Kurt- when my friend Brook gave me thing for Christmas, I tried all day to play it and every now and then I would punctuate that magic with "OW!". You have never seen someone laugh so hard.
@CB65- yep, that is the perk for sure
@ Superman- the Accordion is coming- I promise. Working on a collab...that is all I am going to say (other than it is going to ROCK)

Top Bottom