saddle question

kaizersoza

Reaction score
hi guys i am a relative noob, i have just purchased my fourth uke and there is a distinct buzz on the 1st string, when i look at the saddle it is not sitting flush in the bridge, it sticks out about 2-3mm on the one side, when i bought this uke the guys who i bought it off said it would be set up for me, can you help a noobie please.

thanx

kaizer

Slacken strings, slide it to the right place, re-tune. That may well fix it.

If not,come back and decribe what changed in the sound when you did this.

I don't understand what you mean by the saddle is not flush with the bridge. can you post a pic?

I don't understand what you mean by the saddle is not flush with the bridge. can you post a pic?

I'm presuming he means that the saddle extends out one side from the bridge. Maybe the uke had the saddle swapped and the new one is from a size larger than the original (ie. concert saddle on a soprano bridge)

Last edited:
hi guys thanx for your replies, Mike has got it spot on it sticks out on one side of the bridge, i slackened the strings off like you suggested Chris and slid the bridge back into place, it has improved the buzzing and now it only happens when i am lifting my finger off the fret, any suggestions would be gratefully accepted thanx all

Top Bottom