Ko'olau Gold strings are back!

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Ko'olau was about to delete the Gold strings for good until the people spoke and Mr John Kitakis listened! Production is back and Golds available again.
Mahana and Alohi are available as well.
Variety is wonderful!;)

YAY!

This makes me happy.

That is all.

That is really good news . . . Thanks for the update, Mike!

It's great news that the people could manage to bring back a product they liked, and it speaks really well of Ko'olau that they are willing to listen and be open to providing what folks want.

As a personal note, I recently gave the Golds a try on my tenor and wasn't all that impressed. But then, I attribute it more to a mis-matching of string to uke than anything inherently bad about the strings.

Again, it's really nice to see that Ko'olau is a place that respects it's clients.

i have them in my concert, n i like'em a lot.
it kind of gives a mellower tone than the aquilas that came with the ukulele

I tried them on my concert uke and was very very impressed with the tone and volume, but intonation was off on that uke with those strings. It's a mismatch thing, the strings have good intonation on other ukes and the uke has other strings on it where the intonation is good. I'm trying various other strings on the same uke, and hoping I'll be able to find strings that have the tone of the Golds and that suit the uke regarding intonation. Will be trying Alohis soon.

Hi Mike, Thank you very much for the information.
This is definitely a Great news !!!!
I really love the Gold strings. Very happy to hear from you that it will be in production again. :D

Glad to hear this. I just bought 2 packs of them from their website a couple of weeks ago for my Pono Soprano. It came with the Gold strings, sounded really nice with them, which is what led me to buy it. I've tried a number of other brands and while they were all "ok" in different ways, I missed how the uke sounded when I first got it. So, back to the Golds and the sound that won me over on the uke came back.

Top Bottom