Hello!

GeoffBorchers

Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Geoff (as you may be able to see) and I began playing the ukulele during the middle of last school year when a very generous person gave me a beautiful tenor uke as a gift.

I've always wanted to play the instrument, because I love the way it sounds, kind of a sweet ringing that soothes me when I'm worked up.
I'm an aspiring singer/ukulele player, and I really just do it for fun, because music is something I've loved all my life. I may not be very good at it yet, but it's the journey that matters, right!

A bit about myself: I'm currently in Summer vacation from school, but when I get back to school in a couple of weeks here, I will be a senior in high school, almost ready to graduate. My hobbies include but are not limited to: ukulele playing, singing, maths, programming, playing baseball, and watching football during the season.

When I graduate, I plan on enlisting in the US Marine Corps, and will be out experiencing life for a while, and when I get back, I plan on getting a degree in any of the following: Computer Science, Maths, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Electronics Engineering, and Robotics.

I'm pleased to become a part of this community, and it would be very nice to meet you, so don't be afraid to say hello!

Welcome to UU! You sound like an interesting young man! My son was a Marine, and it was a great experience. (I guess I should say he "is" a Marine) He is also learning to play the uke I gave to him. It's a fun little instrument!
Again, Welcome!

Welcome aboard, Geoff! Where do you live? You might want to put that into your profile so other UUers in the area can find you. :)

I live in California! Yeah, I'll be spending a little time tomorrow fleshing out my profile. I've got all kinds of things I'm working at before school starts, so I've not got the time today. I've been studying up to calculus for next year, so I can get into the classes I want.

Welcome Dude, glad to have you with us!

Welcome Geoff!

Top Bottom