New Ukulele Day! Ohana.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
My new Ohana SK35G arrived today from Promenade Music. I had a bit of trouble getting it as most shops were out of stock. I used Ohana's dealer list and searched till i found it in stock. It arrived next day via TNT.

Opening the box i was happy to see it came in an Ohana gig bag, great extra for the price! Friction tuners were a shock to the system after many guitar's and my first ukulele's having geared tuners. Very sensitive! Having a look over the instrument, no flaws in the finish and the intonation is spot on. Intonation almost comes above tone for me and i feel it should be mentioned in every review. Lovely tone loud as well, nicely balanced and mellow. Volume wise its louder and sweeter than my kala Acacia concert. Also it kind of feels like i'm playing a vintage instrument i guess that is Ohana's aim. Overall i'm very happy :D. Pics coming right up.

P1040336.jpg

P1040341.jpg

P1040337.jpg

P1040340.jpg

Beautiful instrument. I've thought a number of times to buy one of those SK35G's, but never could commit. Yours is stunning. I get what you mean about the 'vintage' aesthetics of it. Congratulations on the buy uke3player78! Happy strums... :)

That's a very pretty one. Like Eugene, I like the vintage look of it, and the wood has a wonderful color. Congratulation!

Oh so very beautiful. I'm thinking of getting an Ohana myself, and am glad to see pics of it "in the field".

Lovely pics. Ohana really make quality products

Enjoy!

That looks so good the finish really adds to the ukes looks. Congratulations on the new uke.

Beautiful Uke! :drool: Happy New Uke Day! :D I love Ohana's, it was my first proper Uke, only an SK10S, but still, enjoy!

Get :music:

I LOVE new uke day! Thank you for sharing. It is a beauty.

Classic vintage look and sound!

Many thanks for the replies. I do believe i UAS will strike again with Ohana's uke's.

I have repeatedly (so often that I should work for Ohana :) said that the Ohana SK35 is a modern classic. I have the satin finish. It is one of my favorite ukes. If I had a cart in the streets of NY with only sk35s I could sell them all in an afternoon.

Congrats.

Top Bottom