Tiger Rag

The folks that come around are really nice and enjoy the music. The street noise can get so loud you can't hear your own uke even with monitors. I't hard to sing soft songs, you know "Summertime and the livin is Easy"and while you are singing it a Harley starts up or a ambulance comes by. Great place to learn how to get over distractions!!!!

Did you get special permission from the business owner to do this? If so- how did you go about that- I would love to play downtown and outside just to see if I could get a rise

Good stuff man, I really love your stuff. As a bass player I gotta say I think I'm in love with your bass player - anyone who can play a washtub bass that well outdoors with distractions is more than okay in my book!

John

Did you get special permission from the business owner to do this? If so- how did you go about that- I would love to play downtown and outside just to see if I could get a rise

Go for it it's a blast.

It started when my wife would go inside to shop and I would sit outside and play my uke. The when my wife was done we would play a few. The owner hired us to play a Christmas party and a couple of special events. We would call her up to see if we could play once and a while and she was always real supportive. She would buy us lunch next store or give us a check. A few month ago she asked us for a price to play twice a month. She noticed folks were come over to hear us then go inside and look around and buy stuff. She also likes the uke music a lot.

That's how I got started playing at Cypress Gardens. Just sitting around in the swamp on a swing playing the uke.

At Christmas we walk around the businesses and ask if they care if we play a few Xmas songs in front.

In the mountains we just pulled out our ukes and stared playing around the camping store and Restaurant at Mt Pisgah.

If you put out a tip jar make sure you aren't breaking any laws.

You will be surprised how many nice people you meet.

That was fantastic, or should I say FUNtastic but... How did you record that? The recording was great and clear and I didn't notice any street noise.

That was fantastic, or should I say FUNtastic but... How did you record that? The recording was great and clear and I didn't notice any street noise.
I have a Zoom H2 I plug the Line in on the H2to the Phones out on a Behringer Mixer on this battery powered portable set-up I use on the street. We use two Nady SPC-15 condenser mics.

On anther powered mixer I have I use the tape out to the H2. I've used Monitor out on other mixers.

I video record everything on a Flip or Casio Exlim. I then process the H2 file in Audacity.(its free) and save it as a wav. Load the video into Pinnacle Studio HD pull in in the wav file and get them in sync. I then turn off the sound from the video camera and save it as a window media file.

Top Bottom