Uke news: Pierce Brosnan plays the ukulele

She's gonna lose that top......

I understand that he plays an Island Ukulele which are made by Raymond Rapozo. He has been playing for a few years. Maybe the UU fellas can get him for a Uke Minute spot next time he's on Kaua'i?!!

I thought i was gonna be rick rolled for a minute, but when my eyes adjusted i realized i was only looking at the roll(s)ed part.

:)

Pierce now has a new Kamoa tenor. See him on the Kamoa website!

Pierce now has a new Kamoa tenor. See him on the Kamoa website!
I saw that this morning when looking up info on Kamoa.
007.jpg

He plays a ukulele and has a wife that looks like a woman and not a bicycle? What's HIS problem? Way too normal.

Ummm... does anyone really care what the glitterati play? Or drink? or smoke? Or read? Does it matter to your pleasure, your hobbies, your drinking, smoking or reading practices?

Maybe when we read about what charities the glitterati are donating to, or which hospitals they volunteer at, or which social or environmental causes they support, or anything they contribute to the greater good, we should start caring.

I heard he played the uke somewhere...that is a nice stye Kamoa tenor....sort of like a martin style 3 features....I didn't reconize his wife though...
wow boogie boarding in Hawaii now that is cool..

He plays a ukulele and has a wife that looks like a woman and not a bicycle? What's HIS problem? Way too normal.

This. I believe he also wears Bathys (among other brands) watches, also a Hawaiian brand.

Ummm... does anyone really care what the glitterati play? Or drink? or smoke? Or read? Does it matter to your pleasure, your hobbies, your drinking, smoking or reading practices?

Maybe when we read about what charities the glitterati are donating to, or which hospitals they volunteer at, or which social or environmental causes they support, or anything they contribute to the greater good, we should start caring.

If you haven't read "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell, I suggest it as an informative view on such matters. We humans, as individuals, fall into many categories, and some of us are followers and some are leaders. The followers look to the leaders for direction, and the leaders have confidence and choose what they like. There will always be followers looking for clues. More positive connections with the ukulele is a good thing. It helps overcome the still lingering "Tiny Tim" effect. I am afraid that his novelty act placed an unfortunate stigma on the poor uke that is still present today (over 40 years!!).

–Lori

I heard he played the uke somewhere...that is a nice stye Kamoa tenor....sort of like a martin style 3 features....I didn't reconize his wife though...
wow boogie boarding in Hawaii now that is cool..

Hee hee ... Stan, if you stalked -- I mean, happened to notice -- Pierce and his family while thery're in Hawai'i and you got some candid photos of them (playing the ukulele or not), you might be able to get some big money from the National Enquirer (which you could use, of course, to buy some vintage ukes). :)

If you haven't read "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell, I suggest it as an informative view on such matters. We humans, as individuals, fall into many categories, and some of us are followers and some are leaders. The followers look to the leaders for direction, and the leaders have confidence and choose what they like. There will always be followers looking for clues. More positive connections with the ukulele is a good thing. It helps overcome the still lingering "Tiny Tim" effect. I am afraid that his novelty act placed an unfortunate stigma on the poor uke that is still present today (over 40 years!!).

–Lori

The Tipping Point is a great read! I enjoy all of Malcolm Gladwell's books. You are right about the Tiny Tim effect. I was getting off a plane a few months back and one of the kids in the family standing next to me was really interested in my EleUke. I was just about to pull it out of the gigbag to show the kid a couple of chords and the mom asked (with a scoff), "a ukulele, like Tiny Tim?".

Top Bottom