PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Picnic 2011 - Photos and Videos

redBee
08-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Aloha everybody.

I've uploaded some things I took with my camera during the Ukulele Picnic event, here in Yokohama, Japan.

I was able to meet some famous Japanese Uke players and also Chris Kamaka.
It was a fun event, despite the intense summer heat!

Too bad I couldn't attend to the whole 2 days. I hope I can meet UUers there the next year!

Event photos :

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1482

Videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/redBeeUke

mds725
08-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for posting the photos! It looks like a fun event!

janeray1940
08-11-2011, 09:27 AM
You got to see Kazuki and Naoto :) Thanks for posting these. I went to the Ukulele Picnic in Hawaii earlier this year and had a great time, I really hope to make it back again next year.

uncle david
08-11-2011, 10:42 AM
That looks like an amazingly great time!

Thanks for posting the pics!

redBee
08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
You got to see Kazuki and Naoto :) Thanks for posting these. I went to the Ukulele Picnic in Hawaii earlier this year and had a great time, I really hope to make it back again next year.

Kazuki and Naoto are really great. Everybody was amazed by their skills despite the age.
I hope I can attend to the event in Hawaii someday. They also organize some special tours during the event, like a Kamaka factory tour and Ukulele lessons with Roy Sakuma.

You should come to Japan for the next Ukulele Picnic, janeray!

redBee
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks for posting the photos! It looks like a fun event!

That looks like an amazingly great time!
Thanks for posting the pics!

This year they had the event on a very famous tourist spot close to Tokyo.
So I think it was really a good opportunity to introduce more people to this awesome instrument.

I hope we have more people from abroad too. It would be a great chance for a get-together of UU members.

janeray1940
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
You should come to Japan for the next Ukulele Picnic, janeray!

I would love to :) I haven't been back to Japan since... 1981 I think it was? Too long ago! Maybe next year...

Shin
08-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Otsukaresama deshita!
The Japanese ukulele fans are really increasing. I want to join next year. I hope that I can play with you and more UUers.
Thanks for posting a lot of pics.

redBee
08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Otsukaresama deshita!
The Japanese ukulele fans are really increasing. I want to join next year. I hope that I can play with you and more UUers.
Thanks for posting a lot of pics.

That would be great Shin san. Let me know if you can come, next year. I will show you around too.