Just a Song Before I Go (Crosby Stills and Nash uke cover)

Excellent stuff! Love the solo and the harmony vocals..... everything really well done, as usual..... and I dig the cicadas, they suit the song and they make me feel like I'm sitting out on the porch with you drinking a beer on a summer night..... great post.....

Damn, sweet, sweet, sweet. More excellence from paxukulele, thanks for sharing this, again complete with chords in the discription.
Don

Great job, Keonepax! I hope you're not having any more trouble with YouTube.

This is one of those songs (like Olivia Newton-John's "I Honestly Love You") that when I was a teenager listening to the radio in the mid-70s, I had no idea the song was about adultery. I heard the song years later as an adult and realized it was about a musician going home to his wife and saying goodbye to the lover he'd had on the tour. In fact, this may only have clicked in my mind after seeing "Almost Famous".

Thanks, gang! So far so good with the new channel although all my covers are getting the typical third party notice.

This is one of those songs (like Olivia Newton-John's "I Honestly Love You") that when I was a teenager listening to the radio in the mid-70s, I had no idea the song was about adultery. I heard the song years later as an adult and realized it was about a musician going home to his wife and saying goodbye to the lover he'd had on the tour. In fact, this may only have clicked in my mind after seeing "Almost Famous".

I want to apologize, because I found out today that I was wrong about this interpretation (but right about "I Honestly Love You"). The line I remembered as "And when I opened up the door, I had to be alone" was really "when we opened up the door". The singer isn't opening up the door when he gets back home to his wife, he's going out it to leave on tour.

The Wikipedia version: The song was written by Graham Nash about leaving loved ones behind before going on a concert tour. It was written in Hawaii in about 20 minutes at the piano while Nash and Leslie Morris were staying with a friend, waiting for the rain to stop before leaving the house. The opening line came from the question: "You've got half an hour, why don't you just write a song before you go?"

Most Excellent! Thank you for sharing this with us all, I hope YT lets you keep it going.

Glad this one resurfaced and I got to watch it again..... just a great cover......

Thanks, friends! Never sang it that way, but I like Don Ho's "Who Is the Lolo Who Stole My Pakalolo"!

Your videos are always a treat. Your in Japan right now? I thought you lived in Hawaii.

Thanks, Roxhum! I grew up in Hawaii, but I'm now living and working in Japan. I still think of Hawaii as home and I visit just about every year.

Mahalo, Coconut Willie! Singing is good therapy for me!

Thankyou for sharing, keonepax, very nice vibe here along with some serious ukulele playing.
I wish that I could take it a bit more easy myself but I get too tied up in knots. Your sound gives me relief from myself while your handling of the uke keeps the ante up high.

Best wishes, Aloha Billsie

my noise [video]http://www.youtube.com/user/billsieofficialu2b?feature=mhsn[/video]

Top Bottom