Bonjour à tout!

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just got back from a vacation in Quebec City. I was playing my Fluke on the Plains of Abraham (a 1759 battlefield that is now a park) while my daughter got her daily running done.

Now that I'm back, I brought my Kiwaya K-Wave "Telecaster" concert in to the shop to have the nut altered so I can play a low G string without it booming on open chords.

IMG_0405.JPG

Beautiful shot! I've been to Montreal but not to Quebec City. Where in the Boston area are you? (I was born near Franklin Park, grew up in the south 'burbs and lived for a few years in Brighton as an adult.) Any ukulele shop recommendations for my next visit to Boston?

I've lived in Woburn for about 20 years. Before that I went to Boston University and lived in Brighton for a few years afterward.

The best store for ukuleles around here is the Music Emporium, on the Lexington-Arlington town line. They've started carrying several Kamakas and Big Islands. Over the past 25 years, I've bought a Martin, Fluke, and Kiwaya there, and had them do work on several instruments.

Thanks for the information! I'll have to check out Music Emporium next time I'm in the Boston area.

Did you see a lot of ukulele playing in Quebec City?

I went to school in Waltham and I used to bicycle in the area. I took the LSAT at BU. Good times.

Lovely view - My wife and I stayed there int he spring when we went up to see Cirque du Soleil.

I love the architecture in Quebec City and Montreal. I didn't play Uke during our last trip - the next visit, I'll be carrying one!

..................-Kurt

I just got back from a vacation in Quebec City. I was playing my Fluke on the Plains of Abraham (a 1759 battlefield that is now a park) while my daughter got her daily running done.

Now that I'm back, I brought my Kiwaya K-Wave "Telecaster" concert in to the shop to have the nut altered so I can play a low G string without it booming on open chords.

IMG_0405.JPG

Top Bottom