WTB: Soprano Flea

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme

Reaction score
After five tenors I took the plunge and got a concert Fluke. Now I'm kinda itching to add a soprano to my arsenal and think a Flea would make a nice little sibling to the Fluke.

My husband said he'd buy me one for my upcoming birthday if I can find a good price.

So, anyone got a soprano Flea they're looking to part with? :)

Thanks! I sent them an email inquiring about models/prices. But if it's anything like new Fleas online, my husband will probably balk at it.

Thanks! I sent them an email inquiring about models/prices. But if it's anything like new Fleas online, my husband will probably balk at it.

Try calling the Magic Fluke directly, they sell seconds at a discount.

Try calling the Magic Fluke directly, they sell seconds at a discount.
Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them as well. :)

Am I correct in assuming that a "second" usually just involves some sort of finish flaw, and is not related to anything structural that affects playability or intonation?

Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them as well. :)

Am I correct in assuming that a "second" usually just involves some sort of finish flaw, and is not related to anything structural that affects playability or intonation?

Yes, the flaws are cosmetic and vary from a scratch to a color being slightly off, a nick, etc. I have a Tiki fluke that was a seconcd (a 2nd hand 2nd to boot!). It has a slight discoloration on the rosewood fretboard (I think some CA glue drops must have landed on it. Hardly noticeable and plays great.

I have a factory 2nd Fluke that i picked up at the shop. Tenor, rosewood fretboard, peghed tuners, b-band pickup, laminated mahogany top.

Why was it a second? Dale explained that during shipping, the 9 volt battery fell out of the clip, breaking a power wire, and bunging up the label. The dealer sent it back, they re-soldered the wire, made sure the battery holder was tight, and replaced the label, adding te inscription "2nd" to the label.

Beyond that, there was nothig that I could find abo9ut that ukulele that was different than the "first quality" instruments, other than the price.

I played several of the Fleas while I was there as well; the Fluke tenor just kept calling me back.

...........-Kurt

What kind of discount are we talking about? I have a Flea and I love it. I'd like to get one for my boys, but I'm reluctant to spend that much on two ungrateful little wretches.

And the cosmetic condition is completely unimportant to me.

Aw, pooh! I was hoping a reply meant someone had one to offer. :)

What kind of discount are we talking about? I have a Flea and I love it. I'd like to get one for my boys, but I'm reluctant to spend that much on two ungrateful little wretches.

And the cosmetic condition is completely unimportant to me.
That made me laugh. :p I'll let you know about the discount if/when I get a response.

Yeah, cosmetics don't mean a lot to me, either. Of my six ukes, only one was acquired new, and that's because I won it in a drawing. Both of my luthier-made guitars were second hand as well.

It's kind of like a new car... loses resale value as soon as you drive it off the lot and it's only a matter of time before you get a door ding in it anyway.

I have a soprano flea on eBay at the moment; it has the upgraded rosewood fingerboard and pickup installed.

linky linky.

Thanks, but that's a little too rich for my blood and I don't want/need electronics.

I just picked up a new one at Elderly's sale. A bit pricey but free shipping. It plays like a dream.

After five tenors I took the plunge and got a concert Fluke. Now I'm kinda itching to add a soprano to my arsenal and think a Flea would make a nice little sibling to the Fluke.

My husband said he'd buy me one for my upcoming birthday if I can find a good price.

So, anyone got a soprano Flea they're looking to part with? :)

Not for nothing, but maybe you could sell one of your tenors to finance the Flea? Or did you mean that you had gone through five tenors, and not that you currently have five tenors?

Good grief, I think I need more coffee.

Not for nothing, but maybe you could sell one of your tenors to finance the Flea? Or did you mean that you had gone through five tenors, and not that you currently have five tenors?

Good grief, I think I need more coffee.
I still have five tenors. :) But honestly, I can't see myself getting rid of any of them.

Anyway, my husband won the last minute ebay bid on one I'd been watching. Happy birthday to me! :p

I'll ask a mod to close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom