Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Tenor

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • Baritone

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Coming from guitar i chose a concert size ukulele. I did at first get a cheap soprano but i wanted to try the concert plus it was a poor quality one. I didn't want anything close to a guitar but nothing too small, however i got an all solid hog soprano and it has won me over! What is your size choice and why?

I'd say tenor followed closely by baritone.

I prefer Concert size for strumming as some chords are easier to achieve than on a tenor which is why 7 of my 11 are Concerts (2 tenors, 1 Bari, and 1 pineapple Soprano)......................

I'd also say tenor followed by baritone. It has mostly to do with having a fretboard that's comfortable for my fingers. I do have at least one of each of the four sizes, though, and I enjoy the sounds of them all.

I am still a newbie at playing but I prefer the tenor fretboard. I have a concert now but there is a super concert in my near future.

concert all the way! I find the tenor just looses so much of that classic ukulele tone...the concert gives you string tension like a tenor, but a more traditional sound, a great compromise overall...but i say...pick up one of each...i did...pocket through bari....

I love sopranos, closely followed by the concerts. Just love the bright highs, the punch, the balance of rawness and crisp sweetness they have, but yeah, agree with bornagainjeeper and Bo that concerts are nice to play too.

Love em all, really. :)

Bari. Big body, lots of sustain, beautiful voice, and can handle a plethora of diffferent tunings.

IMO sopranino and other subcatagories should be listed. I love my lil pocket uke the best <3 :)

Soprano for the sound but with a Concert neck for playability!

Soprano only. Anything larger is cheating.

Tenor because i find it easier to play and love the tone. Love all ukes but tenor is just the size for me.

I like my tenor and soprano ukes, but I LOVE my concert uke. The size and sound are perfect for me... Which is why I have a mya-moe concert on order!

Juat like every other time this poll has come up, Concert. mine have just as many frets as a tenor, not as far to reach for tricky chords and whatnot, sounds more like a uke to me. Soprano would be my second choice.

I go back and forth between soprano and concert. I do enjoy playing tenor and baritone as well, but I find the reach difficult sometimes (the eternal puzzle of my hands, as I have long, thin fingers but have always had a hard time with the more spread-out chord shapes). At the moment, it's the soprano I reach for, but I could be back to the concert by next week.

I thought I was a concert gal for life... but I have been loving sopranos and that seems to be my go-to Ukes lately. In my shop when demo-ing Ukes 101 I can choose between 80 different Ukes and I always grab a soprano. Though the only soprano I keep is my Ohana sk-10. I love that little Ukes. I am considering a KoAloha soprano next time I feel I have "earned" a uke.

Dunno.... only ever played Soprano's. I agree with pukulele Pete though, anything bigger is cheating and getting awfully close to mandolin country!

I'm not voting in this poll. I'm much more accustomed to playing guitar than a 'ukulele of any size, and the frets on my soprano are too close together for comfort when I attempt to play up the neck. I'm very happy that I now have a tenor, but haven't played enough on concert scale instruments to rule out the possibility of acquiring one eventually.

Top Bottom