The Ohana Tiple

Pippin

Reaction score
I know that many of you will want one of these. I don't know when they will be available, but, believe me, these instruments are beautiful and sound amazing. Look for a video to be posted this weekend. The tiple is ten strings... tuned from upper-most to lowest... A-a, d-D-d, f#-F#-f#, bb (lower-case is high and upper is an octave below.

tiple_small.jpg

Last edited:
Oh lord... I've been aching for a tiple for so long, and I've been generally met with cynicism about it! I can't wait.

I have been so happy with my Ohana 5 string. Can't wait to see the new tiple!
–Lori

I am really loving this tiple. What an awesome sound. I'll be making the video some time tomorrow.

I'm happy for you tiple lovers, but oh poop, I wish it were a taropatch!

Did they send it to you to review it? I'm looking forward to the video. Does it have steel strings or standard uke strings?

Great insight into this little beastie of a strummer!

Not sure I would like to barre-chord it though lol,

Chris

Yikes! Ten steel strings! My fingers have clinched into fists and refuse to think about it. Sure makes it difficult to type.

Thanks to the "ten strings" being so close together, it is actually easier on your finger-tips. Barre chords are a lot harder.

Major props to Pippin/Mickey for structuring the review the right way: Music first, then talk. Very well done review, and the instrument, in his hands, sounds very rich and complex.

Tiple Stuff!

I played the new Ohana tiple on my new song, so I figured I'd post a link here. I'll have a video up soon, but for now here's the .MP3 page:

http://bartt.net/Page-Tiple

I'm also playing my Candelas tres and quatro on this one.

Top Bottom