New Jake Shimabukuro iPad app

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I just saw this today: http://onthepathapp.com/?page_id=609

I keep trying to download it to my iPad but haven't had luck since my iPad software needs to be updated first and my network connection keeps crashing. Apparently the app software is free, but the lessons cost money and if I recall Jake's was about $14.

More info about the app is here: http://onthepathapp.com/?page_id=7

If I can ever get my stupid iPad software updated, I'll post back details about the app and Jake lesson.

I just saw this today: http://onthepathapp.com/?page_id=609

I keep trying to download it to my iPad but haven't had luck since my iPad software needs to be updated first and my network connection keeps crashing. Apparently the app software is free, but the lessons cost money and if I recall Jake's was about $14.

More info about the app is here: http://onthepathapp.com/?page_id=7

If I can ever get my stupid iPad software updated, I'll post back details about the app and Jake lesson.
Hey thanks for the heads up! d/l it now and looking to check out the Jake section.

Ok download - 1st lesson is 74 minutes and covers from how to hold, basic technique, amazing grace melody and chords, Pianoforte duet with Jake <!> to playing "gently weeps".... that's a BROAD range!
Sample lesson is a video of gently weeps, and some commentary on why the Ukulel is a great instrument - not much else so difficult to judge the software on that basis.
The full lesson is $15.99 in Australia, $14.99 <?> in US I think - will probably buy it ....
Jake comes across really well in the sample lesson :D

I hope it will be available for the iPhone and Mac soon...:iwant:

I now need my brother to get his ipod fixed or i will have to get myself an ipad.

ok... Taking one for the team!
Have just started the d/l of the full/paid lesson... Will report back if I have time once I start my international Ukulele career :p

I hope it will be available for the iPhone and Mac soon...:iwant:

Looks like no plans to port it to the iPhone but under their support FAQ section, it does say the following:

Is The Music Path available for Macintosh or Windows computers or for an Android-based device?

Not yet. But if there's enough interest, we'll glad port our app to these platforms. If you're interested in using The Music Path on a Macintosh or Windows computer or an Android-based device, please tell us by sending an email to notifyme@onthepath.com and put the operating system you'd like to use in the subject line of the email (e.g., "Macintosh" or "Windows" or "Android"). And we'll notify you as soon as we've ported our app to your favorite device.

I emailed them last night for Mac...the more that do the same, the more likely it will happen!

I downloaded as soon as I saw it. I figured $15.00 for a workshop with Jake had to be good! As I have a four year old competing for my attention, I've only seen the introduction so far, but if you go to the app you can down load a sample. I'll let you know how the rest of the video is as time permits.

Last edited:
I downloaded the 1st lesson last night and have only had time to watch the basics. I hope to watch the portion of him teaching Amazing Grace. I like the way it plays on the iPad. You can easily move to the sections you want.
One nice feature is the tool that allows you to slow the video down to quarter speed. All in all it's a pretty good for $15 since it's as close a I will ever get to having a one on one lesson with Jake.

Any update on this app? Was it worth $15?

It is a bummer that I can't get this on my Mac laptop, I guess I will have to take the plunge and get an ipad.

Thanks, Tack & Tropic Ukes. I downloaded the base app and short preview of Jake's lesson. He sounds like he'd be a great teacher and well worth $15 for 72 min. worth of instruction; even though probably only half of it would apply to a novice like me. I'll buy the lesson, but first I need to find a ukulele.

Drew

Top Bottom