Koaloha Pineapple Sunday and KTM-00 Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beergeek

Reaction score
Koaloha Pineapple Sunday(sold) and KTM-00 Tenor(sale pending)

I have a Pineapple Sunday and KTM-00 tenor that are a little over a year old. Both are equipped with MiSi pickups installed by Koaloha. I'm playing more guitar these days and find myself playing sopranos when I do play ukulele.

Both will come shipped with humidifiers and Oahu clip-on tuners. The PS comes with an Oahu hard case and the KTM will be in a Kala Uke Crazy case.

Asking $1350 for the Pineapple Sunday and $900 for the KTM. I'll sell them as a pair for $2150.

Prices are shipped CONUS.

Neither of these have crown bridges.

One thing to note is that the KTM is signed by Papa Koaloha but it says "To Duane" who was the original owner of this uke.

Both are strung with Worth Browns. The KTM is strung low g and the PS is strung high g. I probably have some extra sets of Worths that I would throw in the deal.

Both are in immaculate condition as I take phenomenal care of all of my instruments.

I'll get some pics up later today but wanted to get this out there as I'm trying to fund a guitar purchase ;)

Thanks! Rob

Last edited:
More Pics

Just some more pics of the PS

Attachments

• pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 24
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 24
  • pic7-2.jpg
    pic7-2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 32
Pics of the KTM

First set of pics

Attachments

• pic1-1.jpg
    pic1-1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 37
  • pic2-2.jpg
    pic2-2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 32
  • pic3-3.jpg
    pic3-3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 31
  • pic4-4.jpg
    pic4-4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 28
  • pic5-5.jpg
    pic5-5.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 28
Lovely, just lovely!

That Koaloha tenor: a classic and I like the grain very much. Good luck with the sale!

PM sent! please: let me buy your KTM! I pray for this since last year!

Nice case for that pineapple. I can't believe they build a high end uke like that and put them in some cheap ass foam case. I've seen a couple on here for sale with soft shell cases and that's a deal breaker for me and they don't even fit that well in them. If I get one it's going to have a nice case like yours unless I were to get a decent deal on it and apparently they want high dollar for them with the cheap soft case and that would be number one on my list to replace. I would value a high end uke with a hard case and one that fits. By the way love your pineapple and maybe someday I'll have one.

Nice case for that pineapple. I can't believe they build a high end uke like that and put them in some cheap ass foam case. I've seen a couple on here for sale with soft shell cases and that's a deal breaker for me and they don't even fit that well in them. If I get one it's going to have a nice case like yours unless I were to get a decent deal on it and apparently they want high dollar for them with the cheap soft case and that would be number one on my list to replace. I would value a high end uke with a hard case and one that fits. By the way love your pineapple and maybe someday I'll have one.

That means you wouldn't buy the Tenor as it comes in the "cheap" case as well as any Koalohas as those hard foam cases are factory supplied. Those foam cases and hard cases are only about a $50 difference.

Congrats to the new owners! Those are some fine instruments.

That foam case is basically a Travelite, is very protective, light and fits the KTM well. On the other hand, the Oahu fits the PS very well but the Kala foam case does not. I prefer hard cases too but sometimes, they just don't fit a uke snugly.

That means you wouldn't buy the Tenor as it comes in the "cheap" case as well as any Koalohas as those hard foam cases are factory supplied. Those foam cases and hard cases are only about a $50 difference.
I actually like the soft cases. I have one that came with my Nalu Hokoa and really like it and it's great for carrying the uke around I just thought when a uke is built that is that expensive I figured they would use a hardcase.

I bought Beergeek's sceptre last year. It was in beautiful condition and still is.

Yep, I've sold a Tenor Sceptre and a PS in the last year...what was I thinking??? Glad to hear that both are doing well. They were a couple of very fine instruments. I have funded my dream guitar and my dream uke from these sales so I'm still a happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom