Uke charities?

PoiDog

Reaction score
Hey guys -

After my recent experience handing over one of my 'ukuleles to my god daughter, and particularly in reading how other folks (Sir, Ricksan66, wolfybau, and others) have given some to kids, I've starting thinking about setting something up that will take donated ukes and pass them on to kids.

The problem is that I have no idea how to even begin something like this, much less whether it could even work. I suppose I could contact some existing music instrument charities, but I like the idea of an 'ukulele-specific thing ... sorta like Ukes for Kids, or Keiki 'Ukuleles.

Anyway, I figured I'd give a call out to the folks here to see if they've had any experience with anything even remotely like this, and if so, to plead for any advice. Heck, even if you think it's a reasonable idea at all.

Once again, mahalo in advance for any comments.

I ran a uke club at my old school. I had kids buy there own if possible and I sponsored kids that couldn't afford them. I once started a thread here looking for companies that donated and it was locked.. in order to make it work, I.think you would need to make it non profit or just word of mouth. I contacted ukerepublic and he gave me and my kids a very.good deal on the dolphins. I know some have hinted here about their uke giving away to kids, and I am suee people have donated to them. Just get the word out. People will.donate.

Top Bottom