View Full Version : Quick Nalu Hokua Tenor Review

Gillian
08-13-2011, 11:46 AM
This is the first video I've ever done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCUbFw722FQ

CTurner
08-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Gillian,
That is a very fine review on youtube. You took the time to show the instrument from all angles and covered all the important points. That Nalu sounds really nice in low G: I've put Nalu on a look-again-sometime list. Good work and thanks.

Markr1
08-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Very nice review. I agree 100%. I have one exactly like yours and really like. Nice tone and when I use a thumbpick it explodes in a good way and sounds great plugged in. I wouldn't change a thing about it and if I had to do all over again I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Completely happy. I haven't tried the low G yet mine still has the original strings that it came with. I've had mine about 3 months now.

Markr1
08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I hadn't seen much in this forum about them I was beginning to think I was the only one that owned one. Glad to see there are other happy owners out there too.

Markr1
08-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Just made a friend request to you from one Nalu Hokua owner to another.

Gillian
08-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Gillian,
That is a very fine review on youtube. You took the time to show the instrument from all angles and covered all the important points. That Nalu sounds really nice in low G: I've put Nalu on a look-again-sometime list. Good work and thanks.

Thank you, and Mark, for your positive feedback on my first video.

Nalu makes some beautiful ukes. I'd love to own a Kaiko'o concert with a MiSi.

ADD
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Nice review and enjoyed your playing.

Gillian
08-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Nice review and enjoyed your playing.

Thanks, ADD,

I don't know why that second song popped into my head but it is called "More", a popular movie song from the 60's that has nice chord progressions that aren't too hard to play.

kaizersoza
08-15-2011, 12:57 PM
hi Gillian really enjoyed your review on youtube the uke looked and sounded fantastic and you played it very well, unfortunately they are not available i the UK, so i'll just have to wait for my mainland tenor (which i love and can't wait to get my sticky little hands on) enjoy playing it
kaizersoza

hungry4adobo
08-15-2011, 08:40 PM
That uke sounds sublime.... UAS..... :D enjoy your new uke

Mason671
08-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Aloha Gillian!
That was a great video review of the Nalu Hokua ukulele. Mahalo for sharing your testimony as many players are not aware of how beautiful and great sounding the Nalu ukuleles are. I am seriously looking into getting a Nalu ukulele with the included Mi-Si pick-up, D'addario Titanium strings and softcase.

Mason671

gyosh
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the review. I was just about to search the forums for a review when your posting popped up. I've been wanting to buy one for months, but now I've got my eye on their Super Concert w/pick up (I have two tenors). My wallet is still reeling from an impulse buy of a Kamaka HF-3 during my vacation to Oahu last month so the super-concert will have to wait. I blame the Uke festival for stirring up the UAS! Anyhow, I think Smiley at Ukulele Source is getting tired of me hanging around and never buying it. Thanks again for posting the review.

-Gary

Gillian
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the review. I was just about to search the forums for a review when your posting popped up. I've been wanting to buy one for months, but now I've got my eye on their Super Concert w/pick up (I have two tenors). My wallet is still reeling from an impulse buy of a Kamaka HF-3 during my vacation to Oahu last month so the super-concert will have to wait. I blame the Uke festival for stirring up the UAS! Anyhow, I think Smiley at Ukulele Source is getting tired of me hanging around and never buying it. Thanks again for posting the review.

-Gary

Which super concert? The Hokua or the Kaiko'o? I'd love to own a Kaiko'o cutaway concert or tenor with a MiSi, after I get hold of a Kamaka pineapple. Now you've got MY UAS going!