Honu vs. Big Island Koa Tenor

patfia

Reaction score
Other than the aesthetics between these two lines from Big Island Ukulele, I'm trying to figure out the difference between them. http://www.bigislandukulele.com/products/index.html Would appreciate if anyone who's had an opportunity to play both could share how each of them sound, the differences that you heard/felt/saw, and the quality of workmanship. Having grown up on the Big Island in the 50's and 60's, the thought of having a uke from this company has a special pull for me, even if they aren't actually made there.

Thank you.

The difference is aesthetics.

The Big Island line has the traditional headstock and bridge. The construction of the two instruments is the same. The fit and finish on both lines is excellent.

I play a Honu Traditional Tenor in low G.

Thank you Spots. Really appreciate your feedback. Safe to assume you're pleased with your Honu?

Actually the Honu is a far superior Uke ! It has a turtle on the head stock !! lol.
In reality however they are very much the same with different aesthetics. I play the concert version of
Spots uke and love it.

I agree that the Honu on the headstock is really cool. Outline of the island you grew up on ... Priceless!

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Actually the Honu is a far superior Uke ! It has a turtle on the head stock !! lol.
In reality however they are very much the same with different aesthetics. I play the concert version of
Spots uke and love it.

Top Bottom