LoPrinzi questions

rreffner

Reaction score
I have been thinking about a new tenor for some time and recently have been to the LoPrinzi website.

Anyone have one of their instruments? Any and all comments will be appreciated.

Mahalo,
Rich

There are many of us w/LoPrinzi's. Augustino LoPrinzi has been making guitars for MANY years & ukulele's for only a few years less. His daughter, Donna, has apprenticed under his expert tutelage & creates the bulk of the ukulele's now, though "Augie" is still very involved in the work. They are simply one of the best buys in a US, handmade ukulele you will find. Great tone, superior workmanship, and excellent customer service. I can't think of any reason that I would give up the one I have; its so well made & sounds so sweet.

I was playing one of the Model A Mahogany tenors quite frequently at Elderly Instruments and feel in love with it. It was only around $400 but I could not afford it. Wonderful fast neck and the instrument just felt to be alive in your hands. I have a great deal of respect for them and would definitely put it on my list of ukulele's I would like to own, along with several other manufacturer's ukuleles.

I used to own a lovely cherry tenor LoPrinzi. Really sweet sounding instrument. I also bought a mango sopranino for my young son which is just wonderful. Donna and Augie build great ukes. :)

I have and love LoPrinzi's Nova mahogany concert and because of it's unique design draws lots of attention. Have had a few offers to take it off my hands. Keeping this one.

Last edited:
They are simply one of the best buys in a US, handmade ukulele you will find. Great tone, superior workmanship, and excellent customer service.

True dat!
Built VERY lightly, too (which I think is a secret to making a great ukulele).

I may own and enjoy other ukuleles, but they'll have to pry my LoPrinzi out of my hands.

Pete

Top Bottom