Hello from NC Everybody!

ukupapa

Reaction score
I'm so happy to find this forum and a new found interest in the Ukulele. I've always liked the sound of a ukulele and thought they were a cool little instrument.
I'm not very musically inclined but I really would like to learn to play, did I mention that I'm 50 years old? I'm hoping that won't make the learning curve too hard for me :D.
I'm thinking that this forum and the nice people whose post I've been reading will equal things out for me. Thanks in advance for all the information I"ll get.

Welcome! I too, am new here. I also don't have a musical background (the only one in my family). I've been wanting to take up the uke for years, bought one about a month ago and I'm glad I did. I have found this site and other sites recommended by members to be very helpful.

happy strumming!

Welcome! I was in just about the exact same boat as you a few months ago. I play pretty much every day and it's always a joy. I've actually surprised myself at how much I've been able to pick up in such a short time. Sounds like you have the gumption and the desire. Just get an uke and practice, practice, practice. UU and the forums are a great resource. Have fun!

I'll be 70 on 9/1. Glad you joined us. Check out Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp for great chord exercises.

welcome ukupapa to uu!

where are you in nc?

there are uke jam options in the charlotte area & many others! it will help you to improve.

let us know if we can help!

:shaka:

welcome ukupapa to uu!

where are you in nc?

there are uke jam options in the charlotte area & many others! it will help you to improve.

let us know if we can help!

:shaka:

Hi 3nails, I'm about 30 miles North East of Greensboro in Eden...Not really too far to come to a jam some day. I'm just starting so I'll probably wait a while to see how well I progress first.

Top Bottom