FS: Breedlove Guitalele

JoshFromTallGrassUkes

Reaction score
Ok, so Breedlove doesn't know it's a guitalele. They think it's a half-sized (but full-featured) travel guitar.

But it is tuned to A, which makes it the perfect instrument to bridge the gap between uke and guitar.

It's full of sparkle and snap, boasts the fit and finish for which Breedlove is rightfully famous, and makes a delightful companion in the studio or while waiting for your delayed flight.

Comes with cutaway, onboard electronics (with the best battery access ever), a built-in tuner and a really nice fitted bag. Like-new condition, model Passport C250/CMe.T, serial #10098614.

I bought it new for $500, traveled with it exactly twice, and now I'm selling it for $350, including shipping to the contiguous 48 states.

Why? Because most of the time I'm traveling I need to bring a full-scale guitar for "work," and this one just sits at home, lonely.

If you're interested or have questions, email me (please don't PM me) at joshuaskaja [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thanks!IMG_2889.jpgIMG_2910.jpgIMG_2913.jpgIMG_2914.jpg

Could you tell us more about that Breedlove travel guitar. (You really shouldn't call it a guitalele though. That is misleading. All guitars tuned to A are not guitaleles.) You have not given much info at all.

For instance, steel or nylon strings? Scale? Nut width? solid top or laminated? What woods?

We really need more info.

That is a beautiful little instrument. I wish I played guitar (and hadn't just blown all my cash on a new uke):p

BTW I did not feel mislead in any way by your posting. It's pretty obvious that this is a little guitar, something that would appeal to uke players, even if it does not exactly meet the Wikipedia definition

More Info on the Breedlove half guitar

As requested, here's some more info on the Breedlove travel guitar. It's not as small as a guitalele and it has steel strings, so it's much louder, brighter, livelier and overall better sounding than a guitalele.

It has a solid red cedar top and laminated mahogany back and sides. The bound rosewood fretboard has impeccable fretwork, and the pinless bridge design makes for lightning quick string changes.

It has a 19.1" scale and a 1 3/4" nut width.

If you play both guitar and uke, this instrument is a no-brainer--you'll be in familiar territory from the first note.

Thanks!

Top Bottom