Health and Happiness hour with the Cloverdale Kid

TCK

Reaction score
Made a video today for my lovely wife, who puts up with things like me making a Cigar box tart pan resophonic ELECTRIC ukulele...partially in her living room.
If you are here because of the title, I bet you can guess the song, but I will tell you I am pretty sure Hank didn't do it this way.
Sorry the Uke is so bright- turn down your volume...the Youtube conversion is not as clean as I would like.

Note Bobble Hank's GEE-TAR only has four strings :)

Loved it!!! I think that is a great music style for you. You made that uke? Congratulations!

Thanks folks- I appreciate it!
The bobble...a friend of mine saw it somewhere and bought it because he knew if there was anyone who needed a Hank Bobble Head, I was it.
Rox- yeah, that was my second one. I used a tart pan for a resonator, a mainland neck and some bottle caps and radio shack Piezo crystals to make it electric. My brother in law has a Soprano which is even better because I used a smaller box and it rings less.

Well done, and on a homemade uke. You are super cool! Well played and sanged!
Thanks,
Don

Geez, hard to know where to start mate. First, the performance was fab. You're really finding your nitch with tunes like this Dave. The down home heart on the sleeve country folk stuff fits you like a well worn pair of slippers. And the uke.....just AWESOME!!! Love it. Sounds great. You one talented cookie braa :)

I love you guys....thanks for all the confidence building comments. Especially from such amazing company.
Means a lot to a bloke in Caly for sure...it seems this what I love to do more than anything else :)

Hello bud I really liked that! That cigar boxed sounds really good i wanted to make something like that with my dad so we could bond somewhat but they only have cigar boxes made of cardboard or thin wood tacked together so we were out of luck. Great job mate

Hello bud I really liked that! That cigar boxed sounds really good i wanted to make something like that with my dad so we could bond somewhat but they only have cigar boxes made of cardboard or thin wood tacked together so we were out of luck. Great job mate
Thanks Rae- glad you liked it. If you are after boxes- best way to get them is to send a High School kid to the cigar shop and corrupt a minor, but you can also get really nice wood ones from Thompson's Cigar. I got ten of them for $20 and while all were not useable as Uke bodies and you do not get to pick what they send, 6 of them were and the others hold parts now. The neck is a Mainland and they are super nice to work with (way better than the grizzly's I have used).

Top Bottom