"Ukulele Polka"

Coaster?

A quiet night in, freezing outside, a couple of brandy's and a couple of coasters later...

Freezing?! This whole reverse hemisphere deal has me in a lather.:wallbash: It's over 90 F at night here.
Part 2.:eek:ld: Dude, what's a "coaster"?

Freezing?! This whole reverse hemisphere deal has me in a lather.:wallbash: It's over 90 F at night here.
Part 2.:eek:ld: Dude, what's a "coaster"?

hey Mark,

freezing? Well, not really, there's a bit of the melodramatic in me coming out....think it got down to about 2 degrees C. Cold for us lightweights. :eek:A coaster? I think we euphemistically refer to them as Indonesian cigarettes... :eek:

I have not seen the foot tapping and the smile in a bit- you went all out here mate (You were flat gittin' it!). Great video...made my heart warm in spite of the apparent Tasmanian cold-it is freaking hot here mate-HOT

Bless you. I needed some foot stompin' polka to lighten my mood. As usual, you've got it going on. Thanks.

I have not seen the foot tapping and the smile in a bit- you went all out here mate (You were flat gittin' it!). Great video...made my heart warm in spite of the apparent Tasmanian cold-it is freaking hot here mate-HOT

Yeah, the grass is always greener, eh. :eek: Glad you like the tune Dave, thanks bro. You guys seem to get real extremes of temperature up there in the States. Here in Tassie we have a much more temperate climate. The coldest it gets where we are is about -3 o celsius on a winter's night, and it occasionally gets up to mid 30's in summer. We don't get bad humidity, but a very dry heat that burns...so when I say "cold" you know I have no idea what i'm talking about. :)

Fantastic Eugene! I really enjoy listening to your stuff, and this one was exceptional!

Excellent as always, my friend.

Thanks so much John, chindog, Carrie, doc and Diane. I really appreciate the encouragement guys.

I saw this on UkeHunt and was blown away. So far my favorite video of yours with Bare Necessities being close second. That Mya-Moe has a lot of punch to it.

I'll try to work it out myself and see what I can come up with.

I saw this on UkeHunt and was blown away. So far my favorite video of yours with Bare Necessities being close second. That Mya-Moe has a lot of punch to it.

I'll try to work it out myself and see what I can come up with.

cheers Johnny, thanks mate. What do you mean saw it on "ukehunt"?

The mya moe is built from sycamore, kind of half way along the sound spectrum between the warmth of koa and the brightness of maple. To me, that makes it well suited to those kind of jigs and bluegrass tunes - bright enough but not brittle. It's really started to open up in the last couple of weeks (it's only 6 weeks old) and yeah, I really love it.

And cheers for the compliment on 'Bare Necessities'. That was the first youtube clip I recorded actually.

As far as learning the "Ukulele Polka" tune goes, there's really only the two chords, 'G' and 'D'. I pretty much just hold the G shape throughout and pick off the notes mate...I think it's easier than it sounds.:)

Last edited:
Your video was featured on ukulelehunt.com in a "videos of the week" kind of post and I thought I'd look if you had started a thread on UU.

After half a week of trying to wrap my head around what you're playing and half a week of practice this is the best I can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsnWOSVgfkM
It's a very basic version because I couldn't figure out what you do to give it that 'depth', for the lack of a better word. It's poorly played too because I wanted to get it over with :D

And thanks for subscribing!

Last edited:
After half a week of trying to wrap my head around what you're playing and half a week of practice this is the best I can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsnWOSVgfkM
It's a very basic version because I couldn't figure out what you do to give it that 'depth', for the lack of a better word. It's poorly played too because I wanted to get it over with :D

And thanks for subscribing!

yeah mate, no worries. That was awesome playing bro. We each have our own style I guess. My version is similar but not the same as the Lil Rev one. Yours is different again and every bit as enjoyable. Cheers Johnny!

Top Bottom