Happy New Uke Day!

Kazzthemurse

Reaction score
Well my Kala KA-S came in today from HMS and I am impressed! I think its a beautiful uke, and has such a nice bright tone and loud sound for a inexpensive uke! I only had time to tune it today before going to work, but just did a 45 minute practice of different lessons, and the ukulele boot camp! I would've played longer, but my fingers are killing me!

here she is:

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

With the ukulele boot camp, am I supposed to just pick a few chords at a time and practice chord changing? or try to play all of the chords each time i practice?

Attachments

• 11%u0025252520-%2525201.jpg
    11%u0025252520-%2525201.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
Hey Kazz, congratulations on the new uke. It is very pretty too. I like the ivoroid binding. With your practice, just find a routine you enjoy I reckon. Happy new uke day! :)

Thanks EU! I'm guessing in time the soreness in my fingers will go away as I build strength?

Thanks EU! I'm guessing in time the soreness in my fingers will go away as I build strength?

Yeah Kazz, no doubt. They'll stop aching from the (now)weird stretches they're not used too, and so too, the tips will harden up and develop little callouses to protect them. Badges of honour!

Congratulations on your new uke. What's ukulele boot camp? The fingers ease with time sounds silly but I try not to get them wet as much and don't moisturise that hand that frets.

Congratulations on the new ukulele! It looks really nice, and Kala makes great inexpensive ukuleles. Your fretting hand will not only get stronger, it'll also start to think for itself when you play. You're going to grow to like the callouses on your fretting fingertips. It will remind you that you're an ukulele player.

It's my understanding you should master one page at a time, starting with line 1 and progressing down the page, gradually increasing speed, until you master all the chord pages. Re-read "Important guidelines"

Last edited:
nice uke, boot camp is a must do, it does get easier but i am still makin mistakes and i look at playing the uke as a life long learning curve, my uke sesh goes something like this :- boot camp, fingerpicking, strums and then its time to murder some songs, great fun, bliss...

Happy New Uke Day!!!

happy goat.jpeg

Hhow does ukulele boot camp work?? Never used it but im a little curious about it since it has a good reputation among some of the people on the forums...

Hey Kazz... congrats on the new uke.. I believe the way that bootcamp was designed was to do four strums per chord and keep changing then when you are comfortable there do 3 strums and change, then 2 and so on.. that's per page, I only worked on one key at a time... Good luck and have fun most of all. About your fingers you got some great advice!

Thanks everyone! I'm having a blast and can already feel my finger tips getting a good callouse!

Top Bottom