FS: Pono PKT-2 Koa Tenor Uke on Ebay<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm ... this isn't the same one Mouthy1 was selling here a few months back is it?

I love everything about my PKT-1. This one is decidedly fancier than mine. They are not making this model anymore, and I think the price is fair.

No one get this pleeeease!!!! I've been looking for this forever!!!

It just came up several weeks ago cuz I sold it on this website!!! LOL

If I remember correctly, you asked around $500 for it when you put it up. Seems like the guy selling this on ebay is out to gain a bit of profit!

It just came up several weeks ago cuz I sold it on this website!!! LOL

Ha, you beat me to it, nongdam!!

I had intended to preempt any further questioning of this ebay auction earlier, but anyway, here it is. Yes, this is my auction. I didn't post it for sale here yet, because I am actually a little embarrassed to be selling it already. I am not sure if anyone can relate ;) but I have gone uke crazy lately and purchased three very nice ukes in the last month. Then, I realized that I can't exactly afford to purchase three ukes in a month, so one has to go. This particular Pono is indeed the one that nongdam was trying to trade recently. I purchased it directly from him. I cleaned it up a bit, put new strings on it, and cleaned up the case too. Got some real nice photos using my light tent, and decided it was probably the easiest of the three to sell. I marked it up from what I paid for ebay, particularly to make sure that I can cover shipping and ebay fees, and still have a little negotiating room (I listed it as 'buy-it-now or best offer'). I am willing to entertain offers from the UU forum, and can certainly give a better price to UU members than ebay, since I can avoid final value fees.

So, there it is. My apologies to nongdam for trying to flip this uke. I feel bad, because it is a beautiful instrument and nongdam was great to deal with. I really am not trying to hustle a quick buck here either, just trying to cover my arse, which would be toast if my wife found out how much I've spent on ukes lately!! Anyway, it looks great, sounds great, and has real nice action. Nongdam had high tension strings on it, which I didn't like too much for my style of playing, so I switched them out to the Worth Browns. I haven’t played it much, but enough to know it is pretty sweet. If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me. Again, I’m really just trying to recover my initial investment.

Also, I am not sure if I need to post some photos here, as per UU rules, since I didn't initially list the uke on the forum, but I don't mind doing so. It might just have to wait until tonight or tomorrow, since I do not have a photo with my UU user name. Moderator??

I had intended to preempt any further questioning of this ebay auction earlier, but anyway, here it is. Yes, this is my auction. I didn't post it for sale here yet, because I am actually a little embarrassed to be selling it already. I am not sure if anyone can relate ;) but I have gone uke crazy lately and purchased three very nice ukes in the last month. Then, I realized that I can't exactly afford to purchase three ukes in a month, so one has to go. This particular Pono is indeed the one that nongdam was trying to trade recently. I purchased it directly from him. I cleaned it up a bit, put new strings on it, and cleaned up the case too. Got some real nice photos using my light tent, and decided it was probably the easiest of the three to sell. I marked it up from what I paid for ebay, particularly to make sure that I can cover shipping and ebay fees, and still have a little negotiating room (I listed it as 'buy-it-now or best offer'). I am willing to entertain offers from the UU forum, and can certainly give a better price to UU members than ebay, since I can avoid final value fees.

So, there it is. My apologies to nongdam for trying to flip this uke. I feel bad, because it is a beautiful instrument and nongdam was great to deal with. I really am not trying to hustle a quick buck here either, just trying to cover my arse, which would be toast if my wife found out how much I've spent on ukes lately!! Anyway, it looks great, sounds great, and has real nice action. Nongdam had high tension strings on it, which I didn't like too much for my style of playing, so I switched them out to the Worth Browns. I haven’t played it much, but enough to know it is pretty sweet. If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me. Again, I’m really just trying to recover my initial investment.

Also, I am not sure if I need to post some photos here, as per UU rules, since I didn't initially list the uke on the forum, but I don't mind doing so. It might just have to wait until tonight or tomorrow, since I do not have a photo with my UU user name. Moderator??

Thanks for the heads up. No need to justify - it is your uke to do what you want with it.

NO HARD FEELINGS!! He could sell it for whatever he wants to sell it for. Secondly, I wanted cash ASAP so sold it at a price point to move it. If that was my one and only uke, I would have sold it for more but I have several and wanted the cash to buy another one. He doesn't have to sell it within a few days like I did. I'm sure many people have sold ukes at or above cost of what YOU got it for!!

I've seen many ukes where I was too late (Compass Rose, Pineapple Sunday, Superconcert) and there is a reason why ukes move quickly and others take more time. I have no regrets selling to SJSHINER for the price that I sold it.

That's one of the reason why I delete old threads is because people complain about resales but the main reason is that even if an item is sold, someone will send an email and ask if the uke is for sale.

This is to the MODS...once a thread is locked, it should be deleted or moved to an archive folder. I don't like to see threads with a big LOCK pic!! LOL

Last edited:
I really am not trying to hustle a quick buck here either, just trying to cover my arse, which would be toast if my wife found out how much I've spent on ukes lately!!

Sorry if my comment about making a profit came off as snarky, because it wasn't meant to be. As others have said, it's yours and you can ask whatever you want for it. Ultimately, you'll get the price someone is willing to pay, and that's just between you and whoever wants to buy it.

Good luck on the sale, and I hope you get what you ask!

wait, so thats your uke on ebay sjshiner?

You are correct. My uke, but not for much longer, so it looks. It's pretty amazing actually. I didn't think it would get much interest and I would barely get my money back (or lose a little), but I have over 120 page views, with 15 watchers, and 2 offers already. Popular little uke!

I also listed a Mexican made Martin S-O yesterday and it sold in about 30 minutes. I owned it for 8 years and actually got what I paid for it new!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom