What strings?

Markr1

Reaction score
I have a favilla baritone and have Martin baritone strings for it and their okay but is there some better that I should try besides the Martins?

Southcoast ukes make some strings that people really like for their baritones, and you may want to look at Guadalupe strings. I don't have a baritone, so I'm not sure which work better, but I'm basing it on some threads out there.

THere are so many different brands of strings, it's almost impossible to give a solid recommendation that others won't find lacking. Personally, I like the Aquila strings because they add so much chime to an already percussive and dull instrument by design.

But.. others will say they like their better, so, the best you can do is explore the recommendations and see which fit you the best. Baritone is getting down there, so perhaps what I like in the strings might be totally different in what you demand of yours.

I have tried Martin, Kamaka, Hilo, Aquila personally, as I have had or have ukuleles by each mark, but I find the Aquilas that came on my Big Island to just make it sing and chime beautifully.

If Aquila strings add chime then Worth strings add diamonds. They seem a bit more expensive than normal packs (make sure to get the 63" length BTW - it's the one for tenor and bari), but you get two sets so they really aren't much more at all. I like the CH-LGHD pack personally. You can order straight from the Worth site now.

To late I just bought 5 sets of Aquila baritone strings. Ill try the worths after I go thru a few sets of the Aquilas.

To late I just bought 5 sets of Aquila baritone strings. Ill try the worths after I go thru a few sets of the Aquilas.
And when you are done with all those sets and fiddling around, get some linear Southcoast strings and fall in love with that Baritone.
No way affiliated, just an amazed patron.

Top Bottom