You're The One That I Want - Grease Cover

erivel

Reaction score
I'm not sure what possessed me to do this. But I loved this movie as a kid. It was a hard one to sing! Would have been easier as a duet, but Olivia never returned my calls...

Great stuff, Erivel! Gotta admit I really dislike this song but you really knock it out of the ballpark - just a great cover. Nice rhythmic picking, nice strum, impressive falsetto.... just all around good stuff, very enjoyable....

That was excellent. I am very impressed. That was not an easy song and you pulled it off wonderfully.

Great Job! What ukulele is that?

Thanks for asking! That is my Pohaku tenor as pictured on my avatar. Maple with a spruce top. I know you've reviewed one of Peter's ukes in the past. He's an incredible builder!

Awesome Eric! Great singing! And what a beautiful uke, wow. :)

Any chance you could post chords and maybe a tab of that little riff at the beginning?

I always thought this was the best song in the movie. Maggie Catfish and I do duet of it occassionally.

this is the raddest thing ever!!!!
Sorry- got a little excited there. My goodness man...the bar has been set!
Certainly I have never been so sure down deep inside:)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I guess I'll have to learn the whole soundtrack now!!

Absolutely awesome!
it's also my favorite movie as a kid :)

Don't feel bad - the Neutron Bomb never returned any of my calls either - and I was a stalker...I mean fan...long before she played in Grease... LOL

I wish somebody hadn't stolen all my vinyl in a move years ago - I had the soundtrack with the original Broadway cast and that was way more awesome than the movie soundtrack - well, in my opinion, anyway.

BTW, great job, man!

John

Top Bottom